Home

Monday, July 5, 2010

Paper and Vellum Posie

Hello, dear friends!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope those of you who celebrated Independence Day yesterday enjoyed your day.  We had fun by having family over on Saturday for a cookout and to celebrate June and July birthdays.  It was such a beautiful day weather wise for us.  We had clear, blue skies with warm temperatures accentuated with a light breeze to keep us comfortable as we sat outside. 

Anywhooo, as a result of the holiday, I have today off from work, and I plan to make cards!  The first card I completed today is for two challenges on Splitcoaststampers:  (1)  the Clean and Simple challenge to choose one of the outrageously beautiful wedding cakes from Carrie's CakesHere's the cake I chose because I love black and white accented by pink; and  (2)  the Technique challenge to make our own paper posie.  Here's my card:



I used my 1/4" circle punch on black cardstock to add the larger dots to my dotted paper, and I cut 3/4" strips of black cardstock for the stripes on the top layer.

and here's a couple close ups of the flower I made:



And, if you're interested in knowing how I made my posie, here are the parts I used to make it:


Supplies:  vellum punched with the five-petal flower punch and one of the boho blossoms flowers embossed with dotted swiss embossing folder; regal rose cardstock punched with the scalloped circle and the 1/4" circle; pink glitter; glitter glue; barely banana brad. 

The vellum and cardstock was sponged with regal rose ink on the outer edges.  You can see in the photo how I cut slits between every two scallops on the regal rose cardstock.  This helps with shaping your card once you're ready to put it together.  The vellum five-petal flower petals were folded upwards with my bone folder and then just the tips bent backward to shape them.  For the little boho blossoms piece, I added tiny dots of the glitter glue and applied the pink glitter for a bid of sparkle.

I'm off to do some more creating.....possibly using stamps this time!.....and plan to stop by your blogs later to see what you've been up to!

12 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is a beautiful card, Charlene! I am trying to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Love your card! Just created a similar one using your layout, thanks for the inspiration! ♥

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the three pieces of complimentary B/W paper as a bg for that lovely flower!!!

Lorraine said...

This is a yummy color combo for sure. Love the mixed patterns. Thanks for the instructions for your flower. It's too cool!

Jodi Collins said...

I totally LOVE this Charlene!!!

Carolyn King said...

fun fun fun...love the black and pop of pink! Beautiful card Charlene!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! Love your flower and wonderful colors!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! Love your flower and wonderful colors!

Sabrina said...

I had a feeling you'd added the larger spots on the bottom, but didn't realise you'd made the stripy top strip too. Still makes me think hatboxes and up-market shops.
Help, I clean forgot any food for the tea-party this week. I can't think of anything spotty! Left-over birthday cake hardly fits the bill, LOL.
Posted my M&M ad up today.

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very beautiful and bold and creative and blooming fun.....love your tutorial...am always on the lookout for new ways to make blooms...and this is a new one for me....

hugs
snosnot

Mothermark said...

This is absolutely incredible beautiful! And look at your and this awesome picture taking! Whoo Hoo! You are rocking these days!

C said...

One of my most fave color combos...gorgeous flower and great tutorial!