Home

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Altered Items

Happy Saturday to you!  I've been busy in my craft room working on altering a couple items this morning.

First up, is a metal tin I colored with Ranger alcohol inks and blending solution.  I used a cotton ball to get good coverage all over.   These inks cover beautifully and dry fast so you're not waiting for your project to dry to finish it.  My Oval All sentiment was colored with Copic markers and accented with Ranger stickles.  I used my Bow Easy to make my bow.  Doesn't this make for a pretty gift-giving package?




Second, is this chest of drawers that I bought at a garage sale several years ago for 25 cents with the intention of decorating it.  I had no idea how stamping on this would turn out, but thought I'd give it a try.  The chest of drawers were originally dark brown.  This chest stands 17 inches tall so it was a little difficult to photograph; therefore, I took several snapshots.




I started by spray painting it with flat white paint and then stamped my flowers using bits and pieces of stamps from Love Without End, Polkadot Posies, and Heartfelt Thanks in Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, and Sage Shadow.  I sponged Sage Shadow onto the drawer knobs and then added a dot of Lavender Lace with a q-tip.  I adhered eggplant and lavender striped designer papers to the side and top shelf punching the edges with a scallop punch.  My five-petal flower punch flower is layered three times with dimensionals and centered with a 1/2" circle punched out of the pretty striped designer paper.  I sponged Elegant Eggplant to the tops of each drawer and around parts of the top of the chest.  Last, I adhered this button at the top.

Here is a side view of the designer paper.  I didn't do it here, but I'm thinking of typing drawer labels to identify the various extra punched scraps I accumulate when I'm working on a project and adhering the labels with maybe the word window punch on the side.




















a top view























and a close up of the stamping on the drawers




6 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your drawers, stamped or otherwise! LOL! Hugs, GF!

Sabrina said...

You have been a busy girl today, making the most of your Saturday! I always like the look of alcohol inks on metal, and you've used such gorgeous rich colours.
Love that set of drawers, too - fun and useful. Several years ago!! I'd have been doing well to find it if it was me.

Traci M said...

That is the coolest box...I bought some of that blending solution and keep forgetting about it. Didn't know it worked for metal!!
And your drawers are cute as can be...great idea for the punches. Is your craft room purple or is there a color scheme in there?
Great projects, GF!!

Kittie said...

Charlene, I love your tin and how you used the alcool inks. I have a small tin that I might play with tomorrow. Never gave the inks a a second thought for this kind of use. Great inspiration. Thanks. PS...I love the drawers, too!

Francie G. said...

Wow! Charlene, such fabulous projects! Beautifully done!

C said...

Wow, Charlene! The chest of drawers is just inspired! An awesome piece of art.

Your box is stunning...have to try that.