Home

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bright and Dirty


Teapot Tuesday is all about hearts this week!  Mothermark has posted a brightly colored and cute teapot and has challenged us to bring hearts to the tea party for crazykim's sweet little girl in New Zealand who just had her tonsils out and could use some cheering up.  Generally, children gravitate to the bright, bold colors, so I was glad to see them in the inspiration teapot.  Here's wishing Georgia a speedy recovery and that she'll enjoy receiving all these cards coming her way!

I used Stampin' Up heart and circle punches, as well as my heart embossing folder in this CAS design.



I have a TV theme song for my next card.  Do you recognize it?

Who can turn the world on with her smile?

Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

Did you recognize these lyrics? If you guessed the Mary Tyler Moore Show, you would be right! This was one of my favorite TV shows from the 1970s. The color panels on the left represent the colors used in the Mary Tyler Moore opening titles.

The image is black embossed, and she reminded me of when Mary would fling her hat in the air with a big ol' smile on her face that she had "finally made it after all!"



My last card in this post is for several challenges, one of which was to use gingham in our creation.  Whenever I see gingham, it reminds me of Gingham Girl, aka Schirmcat, aka Kelly, so I had to give my sweet Joline (My Favorite Things) image blonde hair in honor of Kelly.


I'm not sure how well you can see them, but the flower has red glitter on it, and her black patent leather shoes are shined with crystal effects.

If you're a Fan Club member on Splitcoaststampers, now is the time to be checking out all the terrific Dare to Get Dirty challenges that the Dirty Dozen members and alumni are hostessing this week!

7 comments:

Traci M said...

Charlene, you are a stamping machine, you must get up before the crack of dawn to get all these done!!
Your hearts are so vivid and bold, sure to bring a big smile to Georgia...
and the Mary Tyler Moore show was one of my favorites too, I still love watching her on anything! Great card!!
And I love the gingham one too with the sweet lil image and wonderful diecut shape...so much inspiration here!!

Sabrina said...

Your "kelly" card is so much fun, and as for your TPT one - WOW!!! Love it. Just getting down to making mine now, it's been a busy day.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Another great collection of creations! See you are bringing some hearts to the teaparty. Don't eat too many tarts!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Another collection of great creations, Charlene. Love the hearts for the tea party! Have a fun time eating all the tarts!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous all the way around!!! You know I read the lyrics and it didn't come to me but after you said Mary Tyler show Yes!! That's it!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how fun......you have had lots of stamping time OR have been quick and created these beauties in a wink.....each is equally fabulous and unique....and yep...I knew it was Mary Tyler Moore....when I did my Teapot card I was channeling another single gal...the one who always would say....OH DONALD!!!!....My across the street neighbor actually worked for this star;s father for many year...do you know who she is???? Do ya??? Do ya??? Bet ya do....

love the bright colors, the layouts....and all your wonderful detail work....

hugs
jojo

Judy Rozema said...

I loved MTM!! I will be singing that all morning! Your colors are so bright and vivid and FUN! I love all of these. You do such awesome work!