Home

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas in July and still daring....


Actually, I love making Christmas cards any time of the year.  They are some of my favorite projects to do.  Joanne Grzelak, aka JoJot, challenged the CCEE gals to make a Christmas in July card using this fabulous sketch design.  Do you recognize the designer paper?  Yep, some of the retired SU True Thyme and Cranberry Crisp dp.  I had a few scraps of it left, so used it in my design.  We'd love it if you played along with us.  You can get all the deets right HERE as well as view the beautiful cards my team mates, Tosha, Joanne, Cindy, Shirley, and Frances have made.

And, yes, I'm still daring to get dirty with the Dirty Girls on Splitcoaststampers (SCS) by trying to participate in as many of the fabulous challenges they've come up with for the SCS Fan Club members. As a full-time working-outside-of-the-home gal, it's hard to keep up with all of them, and I so wish I could just stay home this week and play in EVERY challenge!!! The DD gals have really outdone themselves with some terrific challenges.



9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Charlene I love your GORGEOUS Christmas card. It is so CLASSY!! Hugs Cindy

Joanne (jojot) said...

what an elegance holiday card for your stash.....fabulous dp...one of my fav colors (I still have a stash of Cranberry Crisp c/s and ink)...so rich, regal and elegant

and I just love the circle brought to the top....great take on the sketch....

hugs

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So beautiful and elegant Bert!! I love the sparkle on your dove, and the ribbon finishes it off perfectly!! Super job with this sketch!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Charlene

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, Charlene! Love your design. So elegant!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Charlene, love that dp
and how you have glittered the dove.
Fabulous challenge card.

Sabrina said...

I'd love it if I played along too, ha ha. I just can't seem to find the time these days!
This is GORGEOUS, rich, warm, festive!

Traci M said...

This is so beautiful, Charlene!! I love that layout and wonderful papers you used with it!!
Me loves Christmas cards too, even in July!!

Mary Marsh said...

I really like the car dyou posted for the ccee challenge-and yes I recognized the dsp without you telling me what it was. I have a lot of this pack left(lol).
I might just have to case your card