Home

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oompa Cat

Hi!  I hope you are having a fantabulous weekend; I appreciate your visit to my blog today.  We have family due to arrive shortly for a cookout, but I did have a little time this morning to participate in the Inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  Stef gave us another terrific website for our inspiration called Oompa.   I absolutely love the darling artwork by Noelle Dass at Oompa!!! All of her animal drawings are adorable. I chose this Cat Blue Print for a friend who is a cat lover.



I replicated her cat image using punches and Nestabilities. I made mine a full body image adding the kitty's paws.  Isn't he funky?


Cat Parts:

ears = five-star flower punch
eyes = double circle punch
face = oval Nestabilities
neck = arrow punch
body = circle Nestabilities
paws = 3/4" circle punch
whiskers = free-hand cutting

I inked up my dotted swiss embossing folder with Night of Navy and ran my Bashful Blue cardstock through my Cuttlebug. I added additional sponging around the cat to outline it like Noelle did in her drawing.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, so cute!!! That cat is so unique...I love him!!!

Sabrina said...

We were away at a funeral yesterday, and I wasn't going to bother trying to catch up with the IC, but seeing this adorable kitty I think I will have to go and have a look! Have a wonderful family-filled day today.

Lorraine said...

Wow, this is clever. Hope you have a spectacular day!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Charlene, this is perfection! Such a wonderful take on the inspiration piece. You nailed it! Adore this super fun, creative card.

Traci M said...

Happy 4th of July, Charlene, I bet your cookout will be yummy!!
I love this, even though I haven't visited the inspiration site yet, I see lots of inspiration in this cut out kittie kat!! You are so talented with these inspirational challenges!! Love it!!

Mothermark said...

This is the cutest darn thing! I love his goofiness! Takes a goofy one to put goofy on paper! Not saying you are goofy.....but you did make this card and it does have a smidge of goofiness on it.......

to you make the call! Snort! Love the background shimmery dotty part too!

C said...

Oh my gosh, Charlene!!! This is so darn cute! I love your inspirational kitty. Genius!

Judy Rozema said...

I LOVE THIS!

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally fabulous...so bold and eye catching...wow

MariLynn said...

So, so cute!!!