Home

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I had so much fun getting together with my friend, Lynn, this morning.  We had a scheduled craft date and wanted to work on making one of the stationery boxes we saw demonstrated on Splitcoaststampers (SCS).  Long story short:  I so wish I had videotaped our session so I could show you all the errors we made.  We would have made for a terrific video tutorial on how NOT to make a stationery box!  We got to laughing so hard that we had tears streaming down our cheeks.  I still have to embellish/decorate my box and make the cards for the inside and just may show you the end product when I do complete it.

I did have a chance to make a card in honor of our Queen for the Day before I hooked up with Lynn this morning.  Anne Ryan is the Queen for the Day challenge hostess on SCS, and she chose Sallie, aka hobbydujour, as this week's Queen.  Sallie has a fabulous gallery, and I was surprised to learn that she's only been stamping about a year.  As challenge rules dictate, we are to select a card to case from the Queen's gallery.  I chose her latest upload called Birdie.  I changed colors and images using this classy and elegant image by Rubbernecker.  The background collage stamp is also by Rubbernecker.   As I wrote in my post on SCS, this image reminds me of our QFTD challenge hostess, Anne. I've never met Anne, but I can tell that she oozes class and elegance as does this image.

The image is watercolored with Pale and Perfect Plum reinkers and watercolor brush, except for the skin tones on her face for which I used Copic markers.  I added Martha Stewart glitter to her collar for some added pizzaz.




This next card I made for the Free for All challenge on SCS to use snowflakes and pearls in our design.  I really wanted to do something out of the ordinary and came up with the idea of using a black embossed background accented with gold Perfect Pearls.  My friend, Em (aka StampMuse) sent me this terrific gold metallic paper, and the angel image and sentiment are both by Rubbernecker.  I colored her with Copic markers and added gold glitter to the top of her wings.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you've had a terrific Saturday!

5 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, Mz. Sharleen...youse be doin' sum mitey fyn werk, yez mam'......dat virst won iz qwight stylin'....n' dem snowflaks.....well, az u kno sum uv me bestest frens r flakes...Iz ezpeshullee luv dat nontradishunal kolor combo....toadallee aw-sum

hugs, giggelz n snorts
snosnertie

Joanne (jojot) said...

by da weigh, did me invitashun to play wit u n lin get lost n da mail.....oh well...glad ya had a goud tym anyhooooooo

C said...

Wow, Charlene! I just popped into my blog, saw your gorgeous card and had to tell you how lovely it is. You've done Sallie justice and then some. Your craft date sounds like fun..can't wait to see the final result!!

Unknown said...

Lovin' the sparkle on your creations!! The black and gold background on the second card is stunning!!!

Traci M said...

I guess I'll have to wait for the movie to come out...I am thinking it would be rated H for hilarious...it's always more fun making goof-ups with a friend!!
Your cards are the picture of loveliness...especially like the gold embossing on black...gorgeous!!