Home

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Monochromatic Sketch

Thursday brings me to my weekly CCEE (Cheers & Challenges Electic Ensemble) challenge with my friends.  Joanne Grzelak is our July hostess, and she has given us a month of weekly sketch design with a twist challenges.  Here's this week's sketch design and the twist is to make our card monochromatic in color.

Here's my card:


I, obviously, went with blue using SU's Bordering Blue cardstock.  I white embossed  my Fifth Avenue Florals onto vellum cardstock.  I colored the flowers on the back of the vellum using my metallic pencils and blender pen.  I added shading with Adirondack Denim blue reinker and blender pen.  After I finished coloring, I ran the piece of vellum cardstock through my Cuttlebug with a diamond platter embossing folder.  The dual embossing (heat and dry) I did on the vellum was part of a technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers by my friend, Joan.  I adhered the vellum cardstock onto white cardstock with white brads.

Other supplies I used are the SU bird and oval punches, Spellbinder's Fancy Tags die, organdy ribbon, sponge, and dimensionals.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week.  There's no time limit.  Check out the details and my friends' beautiful creations on our CCEE blog here.


9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

How pretty! Love the blue and while. Amazing details Charlene!

Sabrina said...

I'd picked this out as yours as soon as I took a peek at the CCEE blog this morning. Honestly, I don't know where the weeks go - I really, really mean to play along and then bingo, it's next Thursday!
This is, of course, totally gorgeous - love the TLC aspect with the dual embossing.

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Charlene ... oh and btw green has blue in it ... can't have green without blue ;) that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Charlene.

Traci M said...

That's purty fancy, Charlene...and migthy purty too! I really like the embossing used with those metallics, what an impact it makes!!
Hope you're having a good summer!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Ms. Charlene....I am truly in AWE...I never would have thought to use that embosser with those flowers BUT I wish I had cuz your main panel is 'the bee's knees'...gorgeous.....and then to followthrough that embossing on the vertical panel....wow.....this is a truly unique AND outstandingly striking card.....wish I had thunk uv it!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

by the way......I think we will let Hootsie get away without the BUZZER this time...however...I have decided to keep the buzzer out of Bertie's hands cuz between the flinging and the buzzing I don't think I could stay sane for long......lol

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I love that embossing of the flowers on the blue. Great details.

Beverly said...

Charlene.. this is so beautiful.. I will have to give that vellum trick a try! Gorgeous!