Home

Thursday, November 1, 2012

CCEE Faux Pressed Poinsettias

Vicky Gould is our November CCEE Stampers' challenge hostess, and she's kicking off the month with a great challenge to use the faux pressed flowers technique in our design.  I used silk poinsettia flowers for my Christmas card today.  I added gold glitter centers to the flowers.  The three flowers on the bottom left are faux pressed with Stampin' Up's Fan Fold embossing folder.   I added the poinsettia on the sentiment tag for dimension.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from Rubbernecker Stamps, and I heat embossed it with Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  The background designer paper and Cherry Cobbler satin ribbon are also by Stampin' Up.




Please visit our CCEE Stampers' blog to see what the entire team designed for this challenge.  We also invite you to play along with us!


 

12 comments:

StampOwl said...

So pretty Charlene

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, Charlene! I love that dp and probably have it. I must check and use it if I do..makes such a pretty card. The poinsettias are beautiful.

Lois said...

Charlene, this is such a pretty Christmas card with the deep red poinsettias.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

So pretty with the pressed poinsettias! Of course I love all the RED!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Charlene,
How beautiful. The BG and EF are so perfect for the lovely poinsettias.

Joanne (jojot) said...

such wintery elegance...wow, DB...you haven't missed a beat in your stamping mojo despite having many travails lately.....this is absolutely gorgeous.....

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous card, Charlene. It such an elegant and classy Christmas card. Love the combination of background paper and texture with your beautiful flowers and sentiment.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love the beautiful poinsettias and they look wonderful on the dp.

Cindy Haffner said...

So so PRETTY!~

Sabrina said...

What a gorgeous rich looking Christmas card, Charlene. I love the addition of the extra poinsettia on the sentiment. That looks like a great folder to use with this technique.

Vicky Gould said...

Stunning, rich and beautiful, Charlene!

Traci M said...

Hi Charlene, I love this one...what a prett embossing folder and all your details make for a gorgeous card!!