Home

Thursday, November 29, 2012

CCEE Embrace Life

I've been thankful to our November CCEE Stampers' challenge hostess, Vicky Gould, for the terrific challenges she gave us. For this last Thursday in November of 2012, Vicky challenged us to lace or thread ribbon into our design. I hope you'll play along with us!

I don't have any ribbon threading dies or punches, so I used by double rectangle punch, punching twice to get the length I needed to thread my kraft gingham ribbon.


I stamped my flower image with Memento Tuxedo Black and then water colored the image with Regal Rose, Bravo Burgundy, and Always Artichoke reinkers.  I then added dots of white acrylic paint and topped them off with Glossy Accents for some added shine.

Embrace life....that's what it's all about, isn't it? That we should embrace every living moment we have.

 Supplies I used:
Stamps:  Embrace Life by Stampin' Up
Paper:  Kraft, Bravo Burgundy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
Accessories:  A2 Polkadots Card Creator, water color brush, double rectangle punch, sponge dauber, Glossy Accents, kraft gingham ribbon, white acrylic paint


14 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card Charlene

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful card, Charlene! (Your link on the blog isn't working)

I love the way you laced your ribbon.

Lois said...

Beautiful, Charlene. I like the rich reds and that great polka dot die cut!

Benzi said...

Beautiful framing for the lovely flower, Charlene. And, the gingham ribbon looks awesome...good job with the lacing.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What pretty colors, Charlene! I love the bits of white you added, and the ribbon looks great!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Charlene,
Gorgeous and elegant card. The image is lovely and I really like the colors you used. Pretty weaving of the ribbon and I like the ribbon's tail extended!

Sabrina said...

Oh my, Charlene - how beautiful! One of my favourite sets, though I find that flower harder to use than the single stem one. I love the soft vintage look to this with the muted colours and wonderful sponging. I bet the Glossy Accents make those flowers look just beautiful!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very classy...framed so beautifully, fab sponging....also love the ribbon effect with the sideways 'flourish'...fabbo

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Ellen Taylor said...

I am lovin that polka dot die cut Charlene! The ribbon treatment is pretty darned fabulous to my friend!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is beautiful Charlene. I love the colors, the dotted die you used and your ribbon lacing. This is a awesome card.

redwasher1 said...

Wow, Charlene I love this beautiful card!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful Charlene! Great coloring and shading. The ribbon looks wonderful.

estetik said...

Don't blame you on your choice; but you had a good run and can take this opportunity to move on to a new challenge.
Estetik