Home

Thursday, November 15, 2012

CCEE Fall Leaves

Vicky gave the CCEE Stampers another terrific challenge this week to make a Fall- or Thanksgiving-themed card.

 (click on photo for larger view)

I love combining the polished stone technique with my leaf stamp by Rubbernecker. For those of you who may not know what this technique is, I applied a few drops of various inks (I used Ranger Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, and Rusty Hinge) onto a piece of felt attached to my blending tool.  I added a sparing amount of Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution and then dabbed this all over a piece of glossy card stock.  I even added a few extra drops of the Crushed Olive directly to my card stock and then added a few more drops of the Blending Solution.  It really is a beautiful way to color fall leaves.  Obviously, I then fussy cut the leaves so I could adhere them to the corner of my More Mustard card stock.  I used a fern background stamp, also by Rubbernecker, on my More Mustard base.  I used a Long Rectangle Nestability to cut the frame out of the More Mustard base.  I wanted to use Cajun Craze card stock to mat my frame, but I wouldn't have had enough room for my sentiment.  Therefore, I sponged  Rusty Hinge Distress Ink around the frame opening.  I the adhered the white sentiment panel to the back of the More Mustard panel with dimensionals to give it depth.  The brown wrinkle ribbon is from Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Please visit the CCEE Stampers' blog to see what my teammates created and to get the details on how to join our challenge!

Supplies I used:
Stamps:  Fern leaf bg,  Maple leaf, and sentiment by Rubbernecker
Paper:  More Mustard, Glossy White, White
Ink:  Versafine Black; Stampin' Up More Mustard; Ranger Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge
Accessories:  Long Classic Rectangle Nestability, blender tool, Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution, dimensionals, sponge dauber, brown wrinkled ribbon


 

15 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card Charlene

Lois said...

Your fall leaves are beautiful!!! I don't think I've ever done that technique. I may have to try it.

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Charlene. Wow, your leaves are gorgeous and I LOVE the fern background. Your card certainly has the look of Fall.

Vicky Gould said...

Oh my! Let's talk about gorgeous leaves and a beautiful card! Awesome, Charlene!

Julia Aston said...

Your leaves look so real on this lovely fall card Charlene!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful use of color!! Love the sentiment too!

Basslady said...

a gorgeous and beautiful card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Kathy Bradley said...

Charlene,
What a lovely card and beautiful sentiment!

Ellen Taylor said...

A beautiful sympathy card Charlene! Your leaves and sentiment are most fabulous!! Love the rich colors!

Ellie said...

Lovely card! I was wondering what company the verse stamp is from, or did you do that by hand?? Simply beautiful verse. Thanks!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Ellie, the sentiment is also by Rubbernecker. I apologize for not initially including that in my list of stamps. Thank you for your comment!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Charlene....this is so rich, warm, and glowing with beauty....and the sentiment is so sweet too.....great sympathy card

Sabrina said...

What a wonderful sympathy card, Charlene. Reminds me I must make a couple for my stash before I actually need them in a rush. And I must remember to try polished stone with leaves - it's a technique I love, but I've never used it like this and I remember thinking how gorgeous your leaves looked last time.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is spectacular, Charlene. Love the vivid colors and your leaves are gorgeous. Makes me want to pull out my alcohol inks.

Bonnie said...

I love the subtle stamping on the background and the leaves are so realistic! I need to try that technique!