Home

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Wonderful Birthday

I had such a wonderful birthday celebration yesterday! I received many beautiful birthday cards from co-workers, family and friends. Thank you, to those of you who e-mailed me, pm'd me, sent me a card, sent a package, and/or called! I am so blessed with wonderful friends. I'd like to share the birthday cards I received from my stamping friends.

Each one of these cards is so exquisitely detailed and beautiful!


This one is from Emily, aka Stamp Muse. My photo does not do her beautiful floral card justice. She used the cracked glass technique on the vase and it is truly magnificent!! It looks and feels like a vase! I just love the flourished diecut corners, too.


This delightfully bright and happy card was sent to me by Karen, aka redbugdriver. Her coloring is spectacular on those candle flames, and I love the bright birthday colors she used! This card just demands that you BE HAPPY!!!



Patricia Rose, aka kokirose, never disappoints with her beautiful creations. This is real sewing machine stitching on this beauty and her sponging is gorgeous! Heck, every detail is gorgeous!!


This next one is from Judi, aka jovialjudi, and I gotta tell you, this girl has got it goin' on. I wish you could see all the magnificent detail work on her image. From the liquid applique to the bling to the coloring and to the sparklies....each detail is so fun and perfect! It's fun, fabulous, and beautiful!


Aaaaah, who doesn't recognize the stunningly beautiful work of Joanne, aka JoJot, or who I lovingly refer to as SnoSnot. I think Mothermark coined that name for her, but that's a storyfor another day.....Isn't this matted border punch breathtaking? And her piercing is spot on perfect in alignment. She used my beloved color purple, too! Exquisite!



Sweet, sweet Anne, aka itsapassion, sure can work black and white. I wish I had better photography skills to show you how spectacularly striking this beauty is. Check out that sweet silver charm, and I adore the pretty papers and polkadotted ribbon!



This beauty came to me all the way from New Zealand! Kim likes to call herself crazykim, but there is nothing crazy about this beautiful card! I just love the embossed butterfly with its body of bling and the pretty colors she used in this floral garden. Breathtaking and beautiful!



Another internationally well-known stamper, Sabrina, aka Cook22, sent this stunning beauty all the way from Ireland! If I remember correctly, this bird is a photograph that Sabrina shot herself. Not only can Sabrina stamp, but she's quite the accomplished photographer, cook, and seamstress. I'm sure she has many more talents that I don't even know about, but she just blows me away with her attention to detail in everything she does.


Julia, aka artystamper, is one of my Doubledog Dare challenge buddies. Isn't this image adorable? I'm not sure what Julia used to color the image, but it's done so beautifully, and her hair has a shimmery shine to it. Doesn't this card scream SWEET?!?!?



Thank you, thank you, my dear, talented, thoughtful friends from the very bottom of my heart!!! I treasure each card, as well as the gifts. Man, am I blessed!!!



9 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy belated birthday - Charlene!!! I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful celebration!!!

All your RAK's are beautiful!!!

Big b-day hug ~S~

Tammy Hershberger said...

If I knew AHEAD OF TIME there'd be one there from me, too! LOL Glad you had a wonderful day!

Julia Aston said...

Sounds like you had a really special day Charlene - it's so nice to celebrate ourselves once a year!! what wonderful cards you received!

Traci M said...

These are all beautiful Charlene, I need to get movin on that, my birthday was a week ago and I still have cards trickling in. You have some amazing talented friends featured here!

Stef H said...

holy moly! these are absolutely gorgeous! i am speechless!

and a very, happy, happy birthday my friend.

hugs :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

What beautiful cards Charlene. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Wishing you the best year ever... Happy Birthday, my friend!

C said...

Happy Birthday, Charlene...not been keeping up like I should apparently. Holy Cow, girlfriend, you've got some talented friends!!! These are all just absolutely knock down, drag out gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

Oh, I feel bad....Happy Belated Birthday Charlene!!! Sorry I missed it, but I hope you had a wonderful day!

All of these cards are amazing! That vase looks so REAL and lifelike! Gorgeous flowers!!

Stamp Muse said...

Charlene, what a beautiful collection of cards you received for your birthday, sweet girl! It just goes to show how loved you are. Hope you had a wonderful week. Cheers!