Home

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Featured Stamper, Inspiration, and More Birthday Cards!

Karen B Barber is the featured stamper today on SCS. Her gallery is chock full of GORGEOUS floral creations, and she uses the black magic technique a lot. If you're not familiar with this technique, you stamp a solid image in white craft ink onto black cardstock and then color the image with watercolor pencils. I used a white gel pen for the outline, dotting, and faux stitching.




I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS yesterday. I colored the Rubbernecker candle images with Twinkling H20s (except for the candle flame which was colored with Copic markers).




And, now for the birthday RAKS I received.

Michelle, aka plaid pony, sent this sweet cupcake card. I don't know Michelle, but I'm assuming she got my name from the Birthday Wish RAK list on SCS. Isn't it sweet when someone you don't even know takes time to send you a birthday card?



Aren't these roses gorgeous? Anne, aka jdmommy, created this lovely card. I love the crystal gems she added to the beautiful roses.



My friend Hilda and fellow Michigander, aka Broom, sent this beautiful creation. There are dazzling diamonds on the embossed flower petals and isn't this bow exquisite?



This cutie comes from fun-loving Anne, aka ardodd. Aren't these dancing cows a hoot?



Thank you, my friends for these wonderful cards and your wishes!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your black magic card is beautiful!!! You did a fabulous job with the technique! I really need to try this! Happy Birthday, too!!! I didn't realize.....my fault I'm sure. There are ways to find these things out! Hope it was a fabulous one!!!

Grace said...

Oh wow Charlene!!! Your black magic card is fabulous!!! I always admired Karen's but you have the gift too!!! Love both cards and what great BRAKS you got too! My BD was the 20th... so happy birthday sister!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love having visitors!!! Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love the look of the black magic technique! Awesome card. Great braks too! The cow card is a hoot!

Traci M said...

You covered a lot with one entry, Charlene, so glad I did not miss this! Your birthday cards are beautiful, well except the cows, those are cute!
And your black magic card is bold and beautiful, your birthday candle card is amazing...love the twinkling h20's on the candles...so fun with all the shapes too! You are doing amazing things with those Rubbernecker stamps!