Home

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Groovy Inclinations

Happy Saturday to you!

Stef has another great inspiration challenge going on over at Splitcoaststampers. Today she's provided us with inspiration from Groovy Inclinations. To quote Stef, "The artist is Mindy Wilson from western Montana. Her digital prints stem from illustrations and photos combined with alterations with a graphic program and her own painted textures." I chose this beautiful Jade and Topaz print for my inspiration piece.




And here's my interpretation of it using the Fall Trilogy stamp set from Rubbernecker Stamps. Dave has 20% off on his stamps right now with a huge selection to choose from!



I used the polished stone technique to create my designer paper. If you're not familiar with this technique, you drop a bit reinker (I used Stampin Up's Sage Shadow) and rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball and dab it all over glossy cardstock. I then swirled my cotton ball after I dabbed to help blend and mute some of the color.

I stamped my image several times in shades of Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip. When stamping onto glossy cardstock, you want to be careful stamping your image because it can slide easily, unless you're using an archival ink which is best for stamping onto glossy cardstock.

After my ink dried, I ran the glossy cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the fleur de lis embossing folder for added texture. I also embossed the sentiment panel with this same embossing folder.

Thanks for stopping by! You know I always appreciate it and your comments!


13 comments:

Beverly said...

WOWSA! Charlene!! These are both gorgeous! I love the fern card.... ferns are one of my favorite plants!

Traci M said...

Oh, I get to be first to see your first Rubbernecker debut...this is gorgeous!! I love this technique and your polished stone looks very polished, hee...but truly an inspired creation, Charlene!! The fluer di lis is awesome, haven't seen that one yet!

Sabrina said...

I remember spotting the piece you chose, and I remember saying to DH that Polished Stone would work so well as backgrounds for many of the pieces on view today. I love the colour you used for yours, and the added embossing which looks fantastic.
If you can tell me how to stop even archival ink from slipping on the glossy cardstock - well, it would be very useful!
And what a perfect stamp, too :D.

StampOwl said...

very pretty Charlene

Lorraine said...

Those ferns look awesome on that background. What a great inspiration piece today!

Francie G. said...

Waaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooo! This is one gorgeous creation, Charlene! Wow! Love your beautiful colors and that wonderful image! How did I miss that image? Oh man!

Stef H said...

i remember when i was the only stef around. now.... it's like everybody's name (and after 63 years i still don't like it)

but i sure like your card! it's absolutely gorgeous!!!! (as always).

big hugs :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

Charlene....this is stunning....in technique, color, design, image, and overall effect.....wow you were playing with your A++ game today...you were truly inspired...I love it (can ya tell???)

Anne Harada said...

Fabo my friend!! Hey, how about that, great minds and all -- we chose the same inspiration piece!! Love your interpretation and colors!

Joan Ervin said...

WOWIE!!! You worked a little magic with that fern stamp, missy!!!! And look at you workin in that DDC challenge....now I feel like a slacker!!! Maybe you need to send Bertie over here to get me in gear!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

GORGEOUS!! Love how your creative brain works!! LOVE the tiled bg with the fabulous leaves and their colors!! WOW!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful work, Charlene! I LOVE all the texture this has from the polished stone and the scoring!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! Wonderful take on the IC.