Home

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dare to Get Dirty!!

Hello, friends!  Thanks for stopping by.  Just to update you, I am recuperating well from my shoulder surgery.  It still hurts and I still have to go through physical therapy, but I know it will be worth it in the long run.

I did want to make this post today to share with you that it is Dare to Get Dirty week over at Splicoaststampers (SCS)! It's one of my favorite times of the year there.  You can also click on the badge on my sidebar.  The challenges started today. I was asked well before my shoulder surgery to be a sample maker for a few of the challenges.   If you are a Fan Club member on SCS, we'd love to have you join us in the challenges!  If you are not a Fan Club member, how about becoming one?

I will be hostessing a challenge on Tuesday, July 31, and hope you'll join me by playing along.

Here are a couple of my cards I can share today.  This first one is for Lisa's (LisaLara) challenge.



Stamps: Reading Flopsey by My Favorite Things
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Black, My Mind’s Eye Wild Asparagus dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Long Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, black brads, MFT Monarch Border Die-Namic, Paper Studio Notebook embossing folder, Copic markers


And my second card is for Lydia's (understandblue) challenge.



Stamps: Stampin’ Up Delight in Life; Inkadinkadoo
Paper: White, Vellum
Ink: White Craft
Accessories: versamark, white and silver embossing powders, white ribbon, white brads, iridescent ice embossing powder, hearts embossing folder, lacy rectangles, long scalloped rectangle, dimensional, silver marker, 5-petal flower punch, pearl shimmer spritz

Typing for too long is still difficult, so, if you have any questions on either of my designs, please e-mail me at merrick.charlene@yahoo.com. 

I hope you like what I had to show you and that you have a great day!


 

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's lovely to see your work again, Charlene - and comments too! I hope that you continue to make a good recovery and can seen enjoy a pain-free life. I love that Flopsey image in your blues and greens, and oh my - the sentiment fits so perfectly in that embossing folder!

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are fabulous creations, Charlene! The designs and details are gorgeous.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I came to make sure I hadn't been missing your posts.....and found this one that somehow slipped my attention.....

The reading/friends one is so fabulous in design and colors and the second one is pure gorgeousness....

Please know that you are missed....cannot wait until you are able to play with us often.....

hugs