Home

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Year of the Rooster

Frances has challenged the CCEE Stampers to design a card/project in recognition of the Chinese New Year, which is celebrated on January 23rd this year.  It is the Year of the Dragon … so for this week's challenge we are either to use a dragon on our card or find out what animal relates to our birth year in the Chinese Zodiac and create a card using that animal.  Since I don't have any dragon stamps, I chose to use the animal related to my birth year, which is the rooster.


I stamped my Rooster in Ranger Vintage Photo ink and then I stamped it again (lining it up with a stamp-a-ma-jig) with Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler to get the reddish brown outline.  I used a blender pen to color in the rooster with Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Chocolate Chip, and Cherry Cobbler inks.  The white and red checkered panel is another stamp in this stamp set by Anna Griffin (Rooster Sunrise).  I thought it was cool that I also happen to have this checkered embossing folder that I used on my Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  And what's really cool is this new-to-me notebook paper embossing folder by Paper Studio!


I hope you can find some time to join us in this challenge.  You can get all the details on our CCEE Stampers blog, as well as see all the cool creations by my teammates.  Speaking of teammates, we've had some additions to our team with the talents of Anne Harmon, Vicky Gould, and Brandi Wiggins!  We have a few more new members joining us next week, so be sure to check back to see who they are!


15 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this cute rooster card. You colored it beautifully. I like the mix of the ef's.

StampOwl said...

awesome card Charlene

Vicky Gould said...

Awesome coloring on that rooster, Charolene. Beautiful card.

Sabrina said...

I love roosters!! And your rustic background couldn't be more perfect.
Double whammy because when I could get into wikipedia, not having any dragon stamps, turns out I'm a dragon anyway.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

How awesome is this?! The rooster is great and I love the layout of your card. All that texture! Love it.

Kathy Bradley said...

Charlene,
I love the BG textures and your rooster is lovely and elegant!! Very pretty card!!

Benzi said...

Who doesn't love a rooster...except when it wakes you up crowing? :-)
O.K., I don't have either one of those embossing folders...looks like must-haves. You enabler, you.
Love your card for this challenge, Charlene. See ya next week on the CCEE.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I just knew you would be born in the Year of the Chicken! Oh, darn! I mean Rooster! I love your card, especially the colors! Thank goodness they are usually RED....I need an infusiion of RED every now and then! Love the embossing!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Charlene, I love your Rooster!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, Char.....does this mean that you cockadoodledo in the early mornings????? Love your layout and the textures.....fabbo as always

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun Charlene!! Love the rooster, your choice of papers and your scoring!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, this is a show stopper. The coloring of the rooster is amazing. Beautiful textures and design. Gorgeous work, Charlene!

Ellen Taylor said...

LOVe that new embossing folder! Your checked background is perfect for that country feel! Fabulous card!

C said...

Fabulous, Charlene!

Debbie Carriere said...

Fantastic card!! Love all the texture!!