Home

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kittie Kits Blog Hop



Hello Sister Friends!! How are you? Thank you for joining in on the KITTIE KIT HOP fun!! We are SO excited to share with you! In case you didn’t know, Rubbernecker Stamps has a line of stamps called KITTIE KITS and they include a variety of images; these images can be used together in MANY different ways to create MANY different things!! Just wait, you will see what I mean! The Stampin’ Sisterhood has come together to share some of the ways that THEY use them! There is a HOP ROUTE for you to follow below! You will find it along with MY creation! AND? So you won’t get lost, EACH Sister will have this list for you, to help you on your journey!! Make sure to leave some LOVE at every stop, for you will want to be eligible for our PRIZE!! What fun would it be without a PRIZE!!


(click on photo for larger view)
For my creation, I used the wonderfully detailed trees from the Kittie Kits The Moose is Loose stamp set.  I used a painting technique I saw my friend and Stampin' Sister, Judy Rozema, do as a tutorial over in the Teacher's Lounge at Stamp School.  I, of course, had to mask my ground and sky to use the different colors of ink.  I used Ranger Weathered Wood and Adirondack Cloudy Blue for the sky; I used Ranger Crushed Olive and Forest Moss for the ground; I used Adirondack Butterscotch for the yellow hue between the sky and ground. I hand drew the mountains in the background and watercolored them with Stampin' Up's Basic Gray ink and added white acrylic paint for the snowy sections in the mountains.  I love the various size trees in this stamp set.  I stamped all of them using Ranger's Forest Moss Distress Ink. 

I love how this turned out and want the focus to be solely on the artwork so I did not add any embellishments.

Now, remember the following:


***You could WIN……………….
Your choice of one AWESOME ……
KITTIE KIT stamp set
***The winner will be announced
FRIDAY 1/27
How cool is that? OK, better get HOPPIN’, there is LOTS to see!! Be on the look out for our NEXT HOP coming IN FEBRUARY!! We look forward to bringing you MORE sharing and prizes!! Until then, be sure to check out the daily posts on the STAMPIN’ SISTERHOOD blog!! There is LOTS of inspiration to be found! Thanks again for joining us today and ENJOY!!

Here's your blog hop route:


44 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love the watercolor painting!!

golf_meg said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colors. from Martha

Unknown said...

What a beautiful scene you created!
Gini

Judy Rozema said...

Oh wow!! I love this!! And it's my DH's favorite of the day too (he wanted to know about blog hops!). LOVE how your sky turned out!! Isn't that fun? Your scene is just spectacular and reminds me of many places I have been!

craftymom205 said...

Love the card. Great watercolor effect.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

NancyD said...

Love the simple beauty of the scene you created. Looks like a famous watercolor! NancyD

Becky said...

Lovely scene. Wonderful coloring.

Ellen Taylor said...

Charlene, this is fantastic! Love that scene and your sky is amazing! thanks for the link I will have to check it out! M told me tomorrow is your birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa, girl...you have created one fantastic mountain scene!!!!! Look at you drawing your own mountains and how cool is that sky!!!!! You need to frame this beauty, Charlene!!!

C said...

Brrr...great technique and I can almost feel that cold snow!

Julia Aston said...

Wow Charlene! I LOVE this - what a great field of trees - love your sky coloring technique!

Kittie said...

Charlene, you need to frame this. It is stunning. I love the sky technique you used and your sketched mountains are wonderful. My favorite thing is how you combined the different trees. They look so natural. Wonderful work! Happy Happy Birthday, Charlene.

Kecia said...

What a beautiful scene, Charlene! I could just look at it for a very long time. Looks so realistic.

Nicely done!

Holly said...

Wow! This looks like a canvas painting! Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty scene. It is so serene and in this hectic world we can use all the serenity we can get. Thanks

Denise said...

Beautiful card - so serene and relaxing. TFS along with all the other bloggers you all have a terrific talent.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Gorgeous card!

Sandy Ference said...

Beautiful card. Too special to give away:)
sandy17897@comcast.net

Melissa E. said...

What an awesome card. I have a few Ranger Distress inks, but have never tried to achieve a watercolor look with them. After seeing this great card I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for the awesome idea!

Becky said...

This is so majestic, Charlene! I love it....these Kittie Kits are phenomenal....

Denise Bryant said...

Great card! I love the trees in the Kittie Kits! So pretty!
DeniseB

loyaz said...

Oh my gawsh - and I thought this was watercolor. Great technique and creation. TFS
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

Loll said...

Charlene, your beautiful card is a work of art! I have checked out the tutorial and will definitely try this technique. Thanks for all your inspiration!

Bev Gerard said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Beautifully created, Charlene! Love your techniques. Those mountains are wonderful!

~Bev

Susan Bagley said...

Juliana, I am falling in love with these Kitty Kit tree stamps. Very nice job on the filling in, leaves and grass. Good choice of sentiment and just the Right amount of sunshine in the corner.
Susan Bagley

Nancy said...

Great scene with the trees. Love how the sky turned out!

Judy Inukai said...

Lovely card. Great job on the sky.

Dawnll said...

I am with you and M & M's -just love them.
Your card really is a piece of art-always enjoy a scenic view
Wonderful job!

Joan V said...

What a pretty scene. I love cards like this. Very nice art work.

jimlynn said...

Great technique and a wonderful card! Love all those trees.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Wonderful Forest, this is a very pretty card!!!
Thanks for sharing
hugs
donna

Basslady said...

a wonderful scene!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Trisha said...

Beautiful card, Charlene. It really makes me want to take a trip to Maine. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

FrancineB said...

Beautiful scenery and card.

Bev J. said...

Really like the splotchy sky you created-need to check out that technique. Really pretty card!

Traci M said...

This is awe-inspiring, Charlene!! Love the watercolor look of your sky, and the mountains are very realistic. I have this kit, will have to check out Judy's tutorial on how you did it!!
Happy early birthday, too...my little surpise will be a bit late, but I know you will have a fun week ahead!! Hugs, friend!

postalorphan said...

Absolutely beautiful - such a versatile set!

Lori said...

Beautiful sky...I'm going to have to go check out that tutorial. Just wonderful.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What an amazing scene, Charlene! I love those mountains with the trees! Great job!

Julia said...

Very pretty card, the scene is so real.

Juliana said...

WOW!
This is TRULY amazing!
I love the mountains, sky, trees, everything!
So beautifully done, Charlene!

Sabrina said...

Gosh, I'm glad that I've found time today to catch up a bit in Google Reader. I love my Kittie Kits but don't use them nearly enough, and I can see from your wonderful woodland scene that this is going to be a very inspiring hop.

Unknown said...

designs here are not only pretty but looking very natural.

plastic cards
plastic card printing

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so very artsy and fabulous....such a wonderfully tranquil scene...Kittie will love what you did with her kit