Home

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Australia Day!

Frances is the CCEE Stampers' challenge hostess for January 2012.  She lives in Australia and informed us that January 26 is Australia Day!  She didn't want to let this day go past without having our challenge Aussie related in some way today. She gave us  a few options for our challenge today … use the colors green and gold on your card; create a beach scene (we love our beaches); use Australian Animals; Tongs (you wear on your feet btw) or anything else that you think would relate to Australia!.

Before I move on to my card, however, I want to extend a warm welcome to four new members of the CCEE Stampers team!

Brenda O'Rear
Lois Bak
Sabrina Friel
Kathy Bradley

I know you will LOVE their creations!


Okay, so onto my card for today.  I used my Beach Bum Cocoa stamp (by Sweet n Sassy Stamps), as well as Australia's colors of green and gold.



I colored this sweet image with Copic markers.  I inked up my large polkadots embossing folder with Summer Sun ink for my background paper.  I admit that the color wasn't quite as deep of a golden color that I wanted, so I went over the dots with my Summer Sun marker and achieved the hue for which I was looking.  I used my scallop punch to take a bite out of the opposing corners.

Check out the designs of my CCEE Stampin' sisters on our CCEE blog and play along with us!
Happy Australian Day, Frances!

12 comments:

StampOwl said...

super cute mouse there Charlene.

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute card, Bertie. I love the colors and the dots. You have colored Cocoa beautifully.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

HOLD EVERYTHING! Is that Swiss cheese or M&M's in the bg???? I love this fun card with the bite taken!!

Sabrina said...

Your card is certainly buckets of fun. Like Anne, I think that those big polka dots make a fabulous cheesy (in the right way ;-)) background for Cocoa.

Benzi said...

Oh, Cocoa is so adorable as a beach bum. I love a beach card. Cute sentiment. And, you'll find out I LOVE dots. Super fun and cute card, Charlene. Chomp, Chomp!!! :-)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so SWEET Charlene!!~

Vicky Gould said...

What an adorable card, Charlene! Your coloring is "spot" on (get it..."spot"). Cute, cute, cute!

Lois said...

Too cute, Charlene. I LOVE the chomped corners!

Kathy Bradley said...

Charlene,
Your image is so cute and wonderfully colored. What a wonderful and sweet card!!

Ellen Taylor said...

Suoer cute card Charlene! Love the background that looks like nibbled on swiss cheese! Congrats to the new dt members! Love all of their work!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Yahoo.....it is not blank today......glad I came back....well, Ms. Dirty Bertie....I just love the corners...how fun is that...so clever.....and a sweet image...cool how we both picked a beach scene by the same company

Pat (mspfd) said...

How super cute Charlene! Love the background you created for the fun image and sentiment.