Home

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sisterhood Sunday with Rubbernecker Stamps

It's time for another Sisterhood Sunday challenge and a chance for you to win one of Rubbernecker's terrific stamps!  All of you have to do to play along in our challenge this week is to create a card using your Rubbernecker images and link it to our Stampin' Sisterhood blog for a chance to be randomly drawn as the winner!  You can get all the details and see the other designs of my Stampin' Sisters Julia, Jen, Judy, and Kittie there, too!

For our Sisterhood Sunday challenge this week, we were given this beautiful inspiration photo:



Awwww, aren't all those lovely shades of purple so pretty?  I chose to use one of my Wildflower, as well as one of my Weeds, images by Rubbernecker.  I stamped the Wildflower twice with Versamark and heat embossed the one on the left with Lilac Pastel embossing powder and the one on the right with PEARLustre Amethyst (I know it looks black in my photo, but it truly is a deep, rich purple).  The weed image in the center was heat embossed with Peeled Paint Distress embossing powder. 




I used a small rectangle Nestability to section off the images, sponging the outer edges with Dusty Concord Distress ink.  The sentiment is from Rubbernecker's Friends stamp set, which I cut out with a Fancy Tag die and also sponged with the Dusty Concord ink.  I threaded the pretty gingham ribbon through holes at the end of the tag.

Here are all the supplies used:
Stamps:  Wildflower (SKU #496-08) and Weed (SKU #497-15) and Beautiful Wishes sentiment (SKU #565-12)
Paper:  Pale Plum, White, Black, dotted purple dp
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Dusty Concord
Accessories:  Rectangle and Fancy Tag Nestabilities, purple gingham ribbon, sponge dauber, Versamark, Lilac Pastel, PEARLustre Amethyst, and Peeled Paint Distress embossing powders, dimensionals

Can't wait to see what you create!!

9 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

What a genius play on the inspiration piece! Such a beauty, Ms. Charlene!

~Bev

Julia Aston said...

Love the tile look and the wonderful embossed colors on your stems Charlene!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful!!!!

Sabrina said...

Love the tiles!! The images in the inspiration make me think Spring, but I like the autumnal feel I get from your card - makes me think of crisp autumn days and picking blackberries - with purple stained fingers :D.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great take on the challenge, Charlene! I love the mosaic look and the embossing really makes the flowers pop!

Traci M said...

Gorgeous mosaic, Charlene!! So many wonderful details on this pretty purple card!! You do purple better than anyone I know!!

Sherrie Conner said...

Love the look of this card! So pretty!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful use of inspiration Charlene!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so gorgeous.....love the 'windowpaning' and repeated design......elegance....great sponging on the fancy tag....you Dirty Bertie.....luv ya