Home

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Center Stage Spotlight Design Team Blog Hop!

Welcome to our first Center Stage Spotlight Design Team Blog Hop!

Jessica Fick, the Design Team Coordinator for GinaK Designs has issued a challenge to all of the past and present team CSS team members to make a Christmas card with one of these sketches:




We know you're going to LOVE what everyone has designed for us tonight!

First, here are the links for GinaK's Current CSS Team Members:

Deb Felts
Diana S. Queen
Karen Knegten
Melissa Cash
Sharri Seffens
Sue VanDeVusse

and the links for all of the past CSS Design Team members participating:


Brenda Turner,
Carla Suto,
Carolina Buchting,
Charlene Merrick, (that would be moi')
Dawn Lusk,
DeeMarie Kelemen,
Geri Utterback ,
Giovanna Smith,
Janice Melton,
JenMarie Taylor,
Jennie Harper,
Joy Hadden,
Kay Simmons,
Linda Payne,
Lori McAree,
Melisa Waldorf,
Pam Imholz,
Selma Stevenson,
Shannon Bracken,
Shelly Wilson,
Sue Walsh,
Tina Gilliland

Some of GinaK's Senior Design Team Members and Illustrators wanted to get in on the fun tonight too:

Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Cindy Lawrence
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Nina Brackett
Melanie Muenchinger

along with Nina Brackett's Guest Designer: Lisa Hjulberg

And, of course, we cannot forget the ever talented Gina K. herself!


Whew! Quite a list, eh? I hope you can stop by as many of them as time permits for you. And, now, onto my creation:





I used this beautiful dove from designer Rupa Shevde's The Magic of Christmas set. The full sentiment actually reads Peace on Earth, but I only wanted the word Peace so it would fit into the oval, so I used a Versamark pen to highlight peace and then gold embossed it. The dove was also gold embossed, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. I used pretty green stickles to color the leaves on the twig the dove is holding in his beak. The red dry embossed bg was embossed with Stampin Up's Petal's a Plenty textured impressions folder onto red vellum paper (thanks to my friend Lynn for both of those items) and then I added the same pretty green stickles to the centers of the flower petals. The corner poinsettia and leaves embellishment are silk.

Blessings and peace to you,


58 comments:

Deanna C said...

You have won my Heart with this card!!! It is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. I am impressed with the embossing on the red vellum. Where, oh where can you get that beautiful red vellum? WOW!!! What a knockout of a card!

Tina said...

Charlene... that is stunning!! So bright and just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Charlene! Wow - what a stunning card! I Love your color choice!!!

Thank you so much for joining in on the hop tonight with us!!!! ((hugs))

Janice M said...

Very pretty! I love the embossed BG!

craftieodmae said...

OMG, it's after 11pm and I have to get up at 5AM and here I am hopping LOL. gorgeous cards!!!!

quilter said...

Oooooh--absolutely stunning. I love the dove as the design.

Carolina said...

Charlene - this is just stunning in every way!!!The white dove just pops with the gorgeous red background you created here - love it!

dee marie said...

Your card is stunning! The dove is so beautiful on the red!

JenMarie said...

Oh how lovely!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Charlene, love the color choice!

Selma said...

This absolutely stunning Charlene.

A Consuming Passion said...

Yes I agree with all the girls this is a stunning card Charlene!

Giovana said...

Wow!! All the red in your card is excellent!! Beautiful card.

Neesey said...

Wow, love all the red. This card is beautiful and shows much attention to detail.

JessicaK said...

Wow - not surewhich blew me away more - the amazing bg paper effect or the lovely lovely dove. Beautiful.

Sabrina said...

That embossed vellum is amazing. Before I read down, I was looking at it trying to work out what it was. I reckoned it was textured, but not that you'd done it. Experiments with some of my coloured vellum are in order. It gives such a rich look to this beautiful card.

Natalie said...

This is so elegant! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn said...

oh Charlene!!! this is so elegantly beautiful!!

Melanie said...

wow the white dove on the red is so BAM!

Carla S. said...

Oh, Charlene! This is so beautiful! I love the white dove against the gorgeous red background you created! Wonderful design!

Marsha said...

Wow, does this card ever get your attention. Like the white dove popped up.

AKiteFlier said...

Beeeeeutiful Charlene! I like that you used just the word Peace like you did.

Cat Tidwell said...

OH what a gorgeous card! The white dove is so very striking on the red and LOVE that red vellum! Need to find some of that too!

Nana Griffin said...

Oh my this is so striking! The red with the white dove is so pretty.

Jenny McGee said...

The red and black color combo in this card is so beautiful. I love it. And the dove is gorgeous too.

Kathy H said...

Super pretty!

Deb said...

Gorgeous, Charlene! I love all that intense RED! Makes me think of Anne! ;) The white, black and green really pop against the red, and I love the little blingie centers of the flowers!

Lori said...

WOW Charlene, stunning!!!!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Charlene! Love the dove embossed in gold and popped up as well as the poinsettia and leaves embellishment! Fabulous design :o)

Melissa said...

Charlene, I don't know what more I can say about this card that hasn't already been said. It is absolutly gorgeous!

Lisa T said...

Gorgeous!! Love that background.

Theresa Momber said...

Such a stunning card! I love the intense red!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Charlene!! This is simply gorgeous!! LOVE the red bg with the hint of gold! It really makes that dove look like it's flying right off the card!! WOW!

Lynne Phelps said...

I love your card - the dramatic red and black color scheme really allows the dove of peace to stand out and makes the green leaves pop! The glitter and texture also really add a lot of elegance to the card. Great job!

Teri C said...

Breathtaking job! You rock!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Outstanding card- love everything about this!!! TFS

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Charlene!! This is just so rich and elegant!! Love your background! WOW!!

Sharri said...

Charlene, This is beautiful! The dove really pops against the red!

Pat Jandacek said...

A very beautiful Christmas card. TFS

Lee said...

Ohhh that stunning white dove just POPS on the beautiful red!!!

Traci M said...

Charlene, this looks just like you, the vellum gives it such a classy touch too!! I love that sketch design, so cool! Hugs good friend!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Charlene.....I am in awe...this is so rich and gorgeous....I just stared at this beauty for a while and enjoyed the bold, vivid colors and fab design

Take a bow for this creation, my dear...you have outdone even yourself...wow

Sue D said...

Very dramatic card with the red!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Charlene, this is STUNNING! The dry embossing on the red vellum is just incredible!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card! I love all the red!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card! I love all the red!

Carolyn King said...

wowza....gorgeous Charlene!!! ps--do m&ms really gather here????

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful! Your poinsettia embellishment is the perfect touch.

Wordbird said...

Oh my stars!...When I scrolled down and your card popped up on the computer screen...I almost fell out of the chair!...so beautiful! definitely a WOW card!! ;D Diana

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Charlene- beautiful card. It says Christmas!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Amazing, Charlene. You really nailed the challenge!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your card is just stunning!! That background paper is amazing.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh this is striking with the colors and great job on the sketch.

Unknown said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Charlene!!! What a gorgeous card!!! Love all the reds!!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Charlene...this is one gorgeous design!!!! How striking to have the white dove layered on all that red....I thought I was at the wrong blog at first....Anne will flip when she sees this beauty!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Charlene!! This is stunning!! I love the rich red!! The white dove just pops!! So elegant!! Gorgeous design!! I agree with Joan that Anne will love this!!!!
hugs,
Chris

Lynn McAuley said...

What a breath-taking beauty, Charlene!! This beautiful dove looks amazing backed by the fabulous embossed poinsettia!! Such exquisite work!!