Home

Friday, November 27, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hi, everyone! I hope those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a wonderful celebration.

I have a few things I want to share with you today.

First, and most importantly, is a darling RAK card I received from my friend, Sabrina (Cook22 on SCS), aaalllllll the way from Ireland. This is Pip! Isn't he cute? Sabrina had made him for a Teapot Tuesday challenge and she knows how much I love penguins, so she sent him to me. He stands proudly on one of the shelves in my stamp room. Thank you so much, Sabrina! I love Pip!



Next is a notecard holder and a set of four cards I made for a gift set. I made the notecard holder earlier this week but just hadn't found the time to get it uploaded to my blog. When I saw the Limited Supplies challenge on Splitcoaststampers very early this morning to make more than one card (with different layouts) using the same main image and color scheme, I knew instantly it was just the boost I needed to get my coordinating cards done to go with the notecard holder! Woo-hoo!






And, lastly, is a Christmas card I made for a Doubledog Dare Challenge, hosted by my friend Joanne (sleepyinseattle) this week. She dared us to make a wreath using our stamps with extra bonus points if we used flower stamps. I used my Verve Petals & Stems flower image. I used a circle Nestability as a guide for my circle and stamped the first set of images. I then masked those images and stamped the remaining flowers to fill in the wreath. Half of the flowers have a polkadotted center (part of this same stamp set) and half are 1/4" circles punched out of Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I colored the flowers that appear to be in the background with Prismacolor pencil and gamsol. Lastly, I cut out the wreath and popped it up on dimensionals. I used the Mojo 114 sketch challenge for my layout.





13 comments:

Stef H said...

i sure hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving!!!

charlene!!!!! charlene!!!!! these are absolutely gorgeous!! i love the pink, white & black and the wreath is super, super! i'm your biggest fan - lol.

hugs,

Stacy Morgan said...

Wonderful gift set, so girlie and cute. Great RAK to recieve very cute, and great flower wreath so cute.

Pat (mspfd) said...

You are amazing! Love the gift set of cards. Each and everyone just pop and are fabulous. Fantastic job. Your Christmas card is so creative and such a super design! What a perfect wreath. Another fabulous card. Have a great weekend.

Joanne (jojot) said...

well..haven't you been the busy one.....fab RAK,,,,absolutely stylin' card set.....and stunning holiday card.....I really have to find that punch...love what you and Ann are doing with that one....enablers ...lol

Unknown said...

Totally lovin' that adorable penguin card! What a treasure!
The note card set is so cute! I love the black pom pom trim. Fantastic!!

Jennifer said...

I saw you posted a comment on my card @ SCS. Thank you! I thought I'd check out your blog, because I see your from my state. We're fellow stampers! I love your blog & hope to follow it now. Your gift card set is gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers Charlene these are all amazing.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a beautiful box Charlene!! And the card set you designed to go in it is classy and gorgeous!! LOVE the colors!!

And what a fabulous RAK!! Sabrina is definitely a thoughtful sweetheart!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love these!...especially that pink and black note card set. So beautifully done!

ChristineCreations said...

What a great notecard set Charlene! Such pretty bobbly ribbon. And I love that wreath on the other card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all beautiful Charlene!! I love that notecard set. The perfect gift. Your embossing on the metallic paper is fab also!!
hugs,
Chris

Mothermark said...

Hee Hee! You got a penquin! How fun to get a card from Ireland! Hope that penquin doesn't turn into a little green leprechaun, jump of this card and eat your M & Ms!

Wow, what a gift set.....Did you finish making the gift sets for your friend at work. If this one is for her, you better quit your job as you will be busy filling orders!

Love the Christmas one too! It's so stinkin' happy! What a great festive card! You rock!

C said...

Oh, my...so much eye candy all in one place. Everything is just gorgeous...as usual.

Merry Christmas, namesake friend!