Home

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rox71 Rocks!

My fellow Michiganian and sketch challenge hostess (and queen) for Splitcoaststampers (SCS), Rox71, is our featured stamper on SCS today. Roxie is one of those rare talented stampers who unselfishly shares in depth how she creates her cards, a quality I really appreciate. Although I have not yet met, Roxie, I hope to one day.



I literally spent hours perusing Roxie's SCS gallery trying to settle on a card I wanted to case. I kept coming back to her beautiful Black and Red card.

We are required to change two or more things in our casing of the featured stamper's card. Things I changed are:
1. colors
2. stamp sets
3. Cuttlebug embossing folders
4. border punch shape
5. I added piercing and ribbon

Although I love red and black, I used my beloved purple and black. I stamped my Friendship Blooms flowers in Versafine Black, cut them out, and rolled the petal edges around a stylus to shape them. Lavender gemstones were added to the flower centers. I used the flourish stamp from this same stamp set for the background on the top Lavender Lace panel.

Congratulations, Roxie!

Stamps: Friendship Blooms, Petal Pushers
Cardstock: Lavender Lace, Black, White
Ink: Versafine Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folders, Oval All punch, oval punch, paper piercer, black and white striped ribbon, dimensionals, corner rounder, scallop border punch

Inspiration Challenge

Yesterday, hubby and I were out of town for the majority of it, and I didn't get a chance to upload this card to my blog that I made for the Inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. We were to select a book cover from the Book Cover Archive, Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com. I selected the cover of a book entitled The Egg Code from Book Cover Archive because I was drawn to the circle of trees.

I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up and connect the trees from Stampin' Up's Lovely As a Tree, and I colored the them with Copic markers. I sponged Soft Sky from the center outward on the Very Vanilla cardstock and graduated to the darker color of Buckaroo Blue.

Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, Buckaroo Blue
Accessories: sponges, oval punches, tag corner punch

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday! Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

StampOwl said...

wonderful cards Charlene

Traci M said...

Well, you should know better than to ever go out of town on a weekend, your first priority is your blog, you silly goose. :)
I love your tree card, already told you that in your gallery.
And I was drawn to this same card of Roxie's, how cool is that? But I didn't do it, I chose another one...I love the purple that you took over and made your own! It is pretty, lively, and fun, just like you! Happy Sunday, Charlene!

Mothermark said...

Hi Traci, Hi Hootsalot!

Both of your cards are awesome Bertie! I love the purple, its so you and the tree one is so creative! You did good on both challenges!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh, your purple card with the flowers is just stunning Charlene!! Love the swirls in the bg too!! And how creative is your tree card!! What a fabulous inspiration piece!! AWesome!!