Home

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just Droppin' a Line

I was so excited to learn last week that I had won one of the new stamp sets by There She Goes called A-Z and 123, which is a set of 70 alphabets and numbers. Thanks, again, Jessica! I'll be posting a card I made using this set next Monday when I upload our next CCEE challenge.

In the meantime, I also ordered the Happy Day set from There She Goes, and it has some of the cutest images and sentiments! I especially love this cute tree because you can color it so many different ways as well as cut out and pop up the tree leaves. The image I used here is all one scene, but there are also individual stamps in the set. So much versatility!!! I cut out and popped up the white clouds over the clouds I initially stamped and colored blue for a bit of cloud lining. Don't those darling birds look so happy?

I colored everything with Copic markers and sponged some bashful blue on the background with my post-it note cloud template. I sponged a bit of barely banana closer to the ground; a tip I learned from my friend Kittie.





I made this card a couple days before my surgery so I'd have something to post to my ever-changing blog. Being a new blogger, I keep learning new things, adding things, and changing things. A big THANK YOU to all my friends who have been helping me with this new adventure!

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is so pretty Charlene, hope you are on the mend!!! Hugs Cindy

Joan Ervin said...

I love, love, love this adorable card, Charlene!!!!! The stamps are just toooo cute and what wonderful coloring, layout, embellies....can ya tell I just love this??!!!?? I hope your hand is healing ok!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This card is just adorable, Charlene! I am so amazed at what you can do with a bad hand!! Hope it is better day by day!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is so pretty Charlene!!! Love your coloring, layout and all the gorgeous details! Hope you are recovering well.

Mothermark said...

I like your new background! Its so pretty and you look good here with your red outfit! This card is precious! I just left a comment on SnoSnot's blog about how much I loved this little set!

Your card is precious! How smart you were to make a card before so you could post it after!

Love it Bertie...your blog is looking good!

Traci M said...

Charlene, this is the cutest, happiest, card! I love those birdies singing, reminds me of the song, "Red Red Robin." Have been thinking of you and hoping you're not too bored, doesn't look like it! Love your background for your blog and all the additions. Very nice, and so fun to come and check in with you! Take it easy, though, and thanks for sharing the card you made ahead of time!
Hugs, Traci

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi Charlene,
This card is so lovely and must agree with Traci M. _a Happy card!!!!your coloring is awesome especially the leaves. tfs;)
Chat

Denise Marzec said...

Charlene!! I can't tell you how excited I am to see you blogging. Whoo-hoo! Love Love LOVE this adorable card!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Congratulations on your new blog Charlene! Yay!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Charlene...this is just adorable!! I LOVE the colors you chose for this happy scene!! Your sketch, tree leaves, little flowers and borders are all divine!! LOVE this!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness this is cute cute cute. I love the sky with tree and the clothesline. I think that clotheslines are a dying thing. I never see them anymore. We always hung our clothes out when I was growing up. I love the smell.. Great card...TFS

Joanne (jojot) said...

Charlene...this is gorgeous....wonderful coloring, fab layout, and wonderful borders and use of the big note....wowza, gf....you mastered that set already....