Home

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Piece It, Pierce It, Color It!

I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend! Our weather was beautiful here, so hubby and I got a lot of yard work done. In between the yard work, I got some stamping done. Now, if only the house cleaning fairies would arrive to do their job!

It was my turn to host our Doubledog Dare challenge last week for the group, and I called this one Piece It, Pierce It, Color It! I challenged the group to make a card (or project) using the colors Kraft, Regal Rose, Black and Sage Shadow (the latter color was optional), and they also had to use the techniques of paper piecing and piercing. As you can see, I used all of the colors.



I chose to paper piece the flower and used a wavy piercing pattern on the two skinny panels behind the flower. I used my 1/4" circle punch to create my row of faux brads.

The sketch design is from Mojo Monday #88, and I have link to this site on my side bar if you're interested in checking it out.

We would love it if you joined us in our challenge. If you upload to a gallery on Splitcoaststampers, be sure to use keywords DDC so we can see what you come up with! Or, you can post a comment with a link to your card on any of our blogs. The group is listed in my sidebar, including their SCS usernames, if you want to check out their galleries.

Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve), It's Your Birthday (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Versafine Black
Cardstock: Kraft, Sage Shadow, Black, and Stampin' Up designer paper
Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly, leaf, and picket fence punches; 1/4" circle punch, circle Nestability, dimensionals, paper piercer




14 comments:

StampOwl said...

pretty card Charlene, love the picket fence panel

Cindy Haffner said...

So striking girl, love it. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Velta said...

This card is very, very colorful and HAPPY !!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria Dojlido said...

This is so sweet. Love the paper piercing!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love that you put this together with the Mojo sketch!! And you used ALL the elements! Now, how do we compete with this???????

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These colors are magnificent!! I love your take on the mojo sketch! Great piercing and design! What a fun challenge and beautiful end product!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh AWESOME! You're gonna make me REALLY want that leaf punch. :)

Mothermark said...

That is the coolest! Ilove the sketch! And the colors you used are to die for! I am with Denise! I gotta get that punch....but it seems like I already have something like it or maybe even IT! Yikes! Beautiful Bertie!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...this is an eye catching card in color and design...so many wonderful details.....tfs, Bertie

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Charlene!!! Love your take on the Mojo Sketch!!! Totally love the colors you used too :)

Julie said...

Charlene, this is beautiful! I love these colors together! Great job with the sketch! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular. This is so pretty and so well but together!

Julia Aston said...

This is so pretty Charlene - love that fence punch and the wavy piercing! this was a fun challenge from you!