Home

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yum! Chocolate Covered Strawberries!

Our July CCEE Stampers challenge hostess is my uber-talented stamping friend, Joanne Grzelak (aka JoJot on Splitcoaststampers)!!  For this first week of July, Joanne challenged us to incorporate chocolate into our design.....whether it's an image, cardstock, ink, etc.  I chose to make my Tart & Tangy strawberry a chocolate covered strawberry! Strawberries are so fresh and delicious right now.  Yummy!


I also chose to keep my overall design clean and simple.  I used Classic Square Nestabilities to cut out the square on my base Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then a smaller square matted with Chocolate Chip cardstock. 


I colored the strawberry with markers directly onto the stamp, stamped the image three times, cut them out, and layered them with dimensionals as you can see in this next photo.  I adhered the strawberries to the I Heart sentiment square and then attached this panel to a piece of white cardstock embossed with a hearts embossing folder.  This entire piece was attached to the inside of the card.

If you'd like to see what Tosha, Cindy, Shirley, Frances, and Joanne created or play along with us, please visit our CCEE Stampers blog for the details!

Stamps:  Stampin' Up's Tart & Tangy and Sweet on You
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip striped dp
Ink:  Espresso
Accessories:  Stampin' Up markers, Classic Square Large Nestabilities, Classic Square Scalloped Nestability, heart embossing folder, dimensionals, scallop border punch, sponge dauber


8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Where does time go - I can't believe how fast Thursdays come around. There's a lovely rich feel to this, suitable for the chocolate theme. I can see your design working as the lid for a classy box of some sweet treats.
p.s. DH liked his slider card and was impressed with your idea :D.

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Charlene

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOH!! LOVE this Charlene! DELISH!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So YUMMY Charlene!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

CAS but also so very dramatic....love the layering AND that deeeeelish chocolate strawberry

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute card. Love the popped up chocolate strawberry and your scallops.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Yummy card, Charlene. I love strawberries and chocolate-covered ones are to die for. Your card is sensational. Love the "chocolate" with red; the dimension is fabulous.

The die I used to create my card is a Sizzix called card, scallop. I've had for quite a while. I think I purchased it from Jo-Ann's online.

C said...

Yummo...the card and that strawberry! I got some strawberries today so guess what they'll be doing tomorrow...chocolate bath for sure!