Home

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sympathy Collage

The Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers is to create a collage using four different stamps.  For my Sympathy Collage creation, I used the following Rubbernecker images:  Morning Glory Frame (#523), Grid Pattern (#451), Wildflowers (#496-08), Thinking of You sentiment (#565-10).  [Note:  the numbers in parenthesis are SKU numbers that you can use to do a search for these images on the Rubbernecker website.)


 

I stamped the Morning Glory Frame onto Very Vanilla Cardstock using Stampin' Up's Soft Suede ink.  I stamped the frame again onto a piece of regular paper and cut it out to use as a mask so I could stamp the grid background pattern in the center in River Rock.  Stamped sentiment in Early Espresso.  I colored the flower image with Stampin’ Up markers (Rose Red and Always Artichoke), huffed on it, stamped it, huffed again, stamped again.  Added organdy ribbon with large round brad in corner. I tucked the Sizzlits Little Leaves in River Rock behind the ribbon, added the butterfly Embosslit in Barely Banana, and rounded the upper left corner only of the cardstock with a large corner rounder.

8 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

You aced this collage challenge!! Love this :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a wonderfully tranquil and lovely card.....you have many details, but kept it 'quiet' too...lovely

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa...what a gorgeous collage, Charlene!!!!! I just love the stamps you used and the colors are sooo pretty....love how you used the beautiful frame stamp, too!!! Hummmm...I wonder why I don't have that stamp????

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! This is such a fantastic design. Beautiful work, Charlene.

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful bg stamping Charlene - and your colorful garden is SO pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So beautiful!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is a gorgeous Collage Charlene!! I LOVE your framing! And the grid with the flowers is fabulous!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome collage!