This quote will probably sound familiar to a lot of you who grew up on Romper Room. It was one of my favorite shows as a small child.
Remember how Miss Nancy would look through her magic mirror and recite names, like "I see Billy and Susie and Linda and, oh, there's Annie, too...."??? I don't ever recall her saying Charlene (hiccup), but with each show I hoped she would.
Further, do you remember Mr. Do Bee (the bumblebee), who taught the children lessons on how to be good boys and girls?
This week I challenged my Doubledog Dare group to make a Mr. Do Bee card (using a bee somewhere on their card, of course) teaching a young child one or more good manners.
I also see it's that time of the year for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, so I incorporated a few of those into this card:
1. use a clear sheet (acetate--I embossed it and used my 3/4" circle punch)
2. cut it out (punches, dies)
3. use texture (brads, dotted swiss embossing folder)
4. use ABCs to spell it out
5. anything but average---make a shaped card
6. use a winged creature (the tiny bees buzzing the hive stamped behind the sentiment and on the bee brad)
Here's a close up so you can see the dotted swiss embossed acetate (or so I thought):
Stamps: Good Things, Mini Mates, Studio G (alphabet set)
Cardstock: Real Red, Black, White, Acetate
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Barely Banana
Accessories: various circle punches, circle Nestabilities, scallop punch, bee brad, red brads, Cuttlebug dotted swiss embossing folder, dimensionals