Home

Thursday, June 7, 2012

CCEE1223 Vintage

Kathy Bradley is our June hostess for the CCEE Stampers' challenges. Kathy has challenged us to make a vintage card this week, which truly is a challenge for me since I rarely do anything vintage. However, I remembered a package of vintage materials I had received from Crafty Secrets as a prize I won from participating in the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoaststampers last year.  A vintage postcard kit was a part of the package, so I chose to make a vintage Christmas card with my postcard item.  The star with Dec 25 on it is also a part of this chipboard kit.


I used a snowflake image from Rubbernecker's Snowflakes and Stardust set for my vanilla background panel.

Please stop by our CCEE Stampers' blog to see what the team came up with for their vintage designs.  Perhaps you'd like to play along with us!

Supplies I used:
Stamps:  Snowflakes and Stardust by Rubbernecker
Paper:  Bordering Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Bordering Blue
Accessories:  brads, paper distressor, sponge dauber, Craft Secrets Vintage Postcard Kit



 

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh girl this is FABULOUS!!~

StampOwl said...

what a fun card :)

Benzi said...

Ooh, you got a Christmas card made? How great is this vintage postcard! Love it, Charlene.

Vicky Gould said...

What an awesome vintage Christmas card. Absolutely beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you die cut your vintage image Charlene - and the snowflake background is perfect for this winter card!

Lois said...

A wonderful vintage Christmas postcard!

Sabrina said...

Vintage Christmas, what a wonderful take on the challenge this week, and how sweet. I love both the image and the sentiment with the little robin.

Queen Mary said...

Charlene, for someone who doesn't do the style much, you certainly know how to rock it! And vintage Christmas really tugs at my ole heart strings! Thanks for sharing!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a sweet vintage image! Great coloring....what a fab Christmas card this makes!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Charlene, vintage doesn't get better than this! Love the image and all the neat accents you added.
I think you just enabled me to pick up some Crafty Secrets Christmas goodies.

Ellen Taylor said...

I am envious that you have it so together, that you already have Christmas cards done!! Love the vintage postcard and that fabulous snowflake background!! Wonderful card Charlene!

Joanne (jojot) said...

you nailed the vintage style AND got a holiday card for your stash....wowza...you were a 'tinkin' on this one, DB

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Charlene, how adorable! I love this sweet image! Wonderful Christmas card.