Home

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Peace on Earth

I didn't get a chance yesterday to upload this card I made in honor of one of my friends, Dawn (DawnL on Splitcoaststampers) who was named Queen for the Day this week as we were busy celebrating a second Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family yesterday.  Dawn's creations are always so beautiful.  I chose to case her Peace on Earth card you can see here.   Below is my case of her original card.


While my cardstock may look like Kraft in my photo, it is not; this is a beautiful brushed Gold cardstock by Stampin' Up.  I heat embossed the Peace on Earth sentiment with black embossing powder.  Why so much black on a holiday card, you may be asking?  That, too, was part of the Free for All challenge on Splitcoaststampers (SCS) to use black for a holiday card.  I also took the opportunity to try my hand at spirelli for the first time, using this beautiful gold crochet thread around a lacey circle Nestability.  It was so easy to do following this tutorial on SCS!  I was going to put a button in the center, but didn't like what I have on hand and then I stumbled upon this jar of little gold jingle bells in my stash.  I attached them with Aleene's Tacky Glue.


4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gasp! This is a show stopper. I love how this turned out and looks in gold and black. Thanks for the inspiration!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, STUNNING, Charlene!!!! The gold with the black is sooo pretty and elegant and how cool is that spirelli technique....love the little bells in the center, too!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO totally gorgeous Charlene! LOVE the black and gold color combo, and the Spirelli is SO elegant!

Joanne (jojot) said...

truly regal and classy, my dear friend