Home

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dolce Stamps & Cards and CCEE Challenges!

It's time for yet another Dolce Stamps & Cards challenge! I am the challenge hostess for this challenge, and I challenged the team to make their own designer paper by using all or a portion of their main image.

For my card, I used this beautiful poinsettia image by Stampendous.   I stamped the poinsettia image twice; first on white cardstock with black ink and then on vellum cardstock with gold ink.  I heat embossed the image on the vellum with gold and colored the image from behind and in front.  I cut out the vellum poinsettias and layered them on top of the white cardstock with dimensionals.  I also gold embossed this same image on the background white cardstock.  I used my "Joy" sentiment Sizzix die on gold glitter cardstock and looped it over these fun Candi brads.



I hope you'll join us in this challenge!  You can get all the challenge details at the Dolce Stamps and Cards blog, as well as see the creations the design team made!  The winner of the challenge will receive a $10.00 gift certificate to the Dolce Stamps and Cards online store which is full of all kinds of awesome stamping goodies. In addition, any order over $40.00 from a challenge winner will be credited back shipping fees!  Be sure to read all the challenge rules on the left sidebar on the Dolce Stamps and Cards blog so that you're eligible to win the prize!

Next up is my weekly CCEE Stampers challenge.  Tosha challenged us to use three different shapes on our card.  I used my classic circle, lacey circle, big scalloped square Nestabilities and Stampin' Up's Peekaboo die.  I used this week's MoJo sketch for my layout, and I used Verve's Petals & Stems stamp set. 

Here's a closer view of the cute little peekaboo window.  I made the little door handles by stamping the smallest dotted circle from Verve's Petals & Stems set three times, gluing them together, and then covering them with Glossy Accents.

Here's yet another closer view with the doors of the window open so you can see the sentiment inside.


I'm so glad you stopped by, and, as always, I appreciate your comments!  Have a SUPERB day!

9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both of your cards have such fresh designs and touches. Awesome work, Charlene.

Ellen Taylor said...

Charlene your Dolce creation is over the top gorgeous!! CCEE Card is so clever! I love the little door and browns and blue are one of my fav color schemes! Both winners in my book!!
have a wonderful day!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well..you are having a rockin' stampin' day here.....the regal look of the first and the elegance of the second....both beautiful sights to gaze upon....colors are fab too

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL Charlene!!~

Carolyn King said...

wow...that is one fancy smancy gorgeous card girl! Love it---so elegant. That peek a boo window on the second is too cute! love it!

Trish and Treasure said...

Beautiful card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful. The second one is my fav, I love those colors.

Melanie said...

Love the colours of the sedcond card. And the little door makes it so fun

Traci M said...

Beautiful and unique cards Charlene, the peek a boo die is not one I've seen before...super cute!!