Home

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Royal Crown Jewels

Do you have a Cricut that's been gathering dust due to lack of use?  I know I've been pretty lazy about pulling mine out and using it.  It's a good thing Frances challenged the CCEE Stampers to use them in our design today.  I used the hat from the Sweet Treats cartridge using brushed silver cardstock.  It reminds me of a crown, so I bejeweled mine with gemstones.  I used my Ultramarine Copic marker to color the tiny clear gemstones on the bottom of the crown and the ones down the left side of my card.  Gotta love those Copics!  I scored the lines in the middle of the crown.


Please visit our CCEE Stampers blog to see what Cindy, Shirley, Frances, Tosha, and Joanne created.  Perhaps you'd like to join us!

Stamps:  Baroque Motifs, Create a Cupcake
Ink:  Brilliant Blue
Cardstock:  Brilliant Blue, White, Brushed Silver, and striped designer paper
Accessories:  Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge, gemstones, butterfly die, border punch, JustRite Custom Tag dies, oval Nestability, dimensionals, stickles


7 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cool card, Charlene. Love all the elements and colors. Great design.

wannabcre8tive said...

Charlene, Love this beautiful card with all the blue gems.
I like how you used the Baroque Motif stamp with.

StampOwl said...

fun card Charlene, glad you got to play with your cricut

Jodi Collins said...

How CUTE is this! LOVE the bling on the crown!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your jeweled crown Bert!! The flourishes in the bg set it off beautifully!

Cindy Haffner said...

FUN and FAB Charlene!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

truly regal and royal in design and color.....and thanks for the tip on coloring clear gemstones...I have colored pearls before but never thought to color gemstones to match...you are so smart, gf