Home

Monday, June 6, 2011

Play on Words with an Animal Gift Set

Happy Monday, my stamping/bloggfing friends!  I use to detest Mondays when I was working, but now that I am retired, every day is like a Saturday!!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  More time for me and stamping!  Giggle.

There are two fun challenges going on over at Splitcoaststampers today:  (1)  Clean and Simple to design your card around a play on words (2) Technique to decorate the envelope!!

I recently received some new rubbah from Rubbernecker, and I just LOVE these adorable animals and their play-on-word sentiments.  I made a gift set using four of the animals; there are many more cute ones in the set!   You can do a search on the Rubbernecker website using their SKU numbers.  The Animals are #569 and the Sentiments are #568.


And here are the cards individually, including a close up for each of the popped-up animals.  As always, you can click on the individual photo for a larger view.

Each animal was colored with Copic markers, cut out, and popped up on 1/8" dimensionals.  I drew the grass and waves on the back of my designer paper and cut them out.  I used border punches for the bottoms of the other two cards.  I just love Joan's technique challenge to make a coordinating envelope! 












Thanks for stopping by.  As always, I treasure your comments.  I hope you're having a "Whale of a Good Day!"

5 comments:

Traci M said...

Charlene, Mondays are probably my favorite day...I love the fresh start to a new week!
These are adorably cute...love the gingham and matching envelopes. Great card set!

Joan Ervin said...

Your gift set is absolutely FABULOUS, Charlene!!!! I just love all the sweet little animals, the fun sentiments, and your envies are sooo cute!!!! Awesome job, gf!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are fantastic. So darn cute and fun! What a great set, Charlene!

Judy Rozema said...

You enabler!! I went and bought the giraffe ad its saing because of these darling cards!! LOVE them!

Joanne (jojot) said...

you rocked this set.....such cute critters and fun sentiments....hope Dave appreciates all the wonderful creations you share with us on his behalf