Home

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rubbernecker Designs

Wow, another week has flown by and I haven't had time to catch up with posting to my blog.  So, I have four projects to share that I've worked on this past week.  All four of them use various stamps by Rubbernecker.
First up is for our weekly CCEE Stampers challenge.  Cindy Haffner challenged us to use lace in our design this week.  I used this lace doily behind my main image.  I used the emboss resist technique.  First, I stamped the sentiment with Memento Black and let that dry.   Next, I stamped the flowers with versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  After the heat embossing cooled, I sponged Broken China Distress Ink over them to reveal the white flowers.


Swing by our CCEE Stampers blog and check out the designs of my teammates and play along with us!


My next card was made for Cindy's Teapot Tuesday challenge this week.  You can get all the details at that link about her challenge and the destination station for this card.   I colored this image with a mixture of reinkers and watercolor brush and Copic markers.  I added Icicle Stickles to the sugar cubes.

Last Sunday was Featured Stamper day, which introduced me to Sarah's SCS gallery (her username is criminalgrace).  Lots of cute cards!  Here is the clean and pretty card of Sarah's I cased.

After I embossed the silver cardstock with a snowflake embossing folder, I brushed some glitter paint onto it and added a touch of dazzling diamonds. It's very sparkly in real life!  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is also from Rubbernecker; I absolutely love this beautiful font.  I heat embossed the sentiment with silver. The large snowflake was made with a Sizzix Snowflake #2 die; the middle one is a Stampin Up punch; and the very small one is a snowflake rhinestone.


Here's another card using the emboss resist technique.  This one was made in honor of the Queen for the Day, Maxell (Bev), on SCS.  Here's the beautiful card of Bev's I cased.

This is a one-layer card. After I dry embossed the Labels Ten Nestability shape onto the Soft Suede cardstock, I white embossed the largest Evergreen tree from the Rubbernecker Evergreen Trees set. I sponged Soft Suede ink over that, wiping any excess off the white-embossed tree. I painted the snowy ground and falling snow with white craft ink and white acrylic paint. I sponged the outer edges with white craft ink and then distressed the very outer edges of the cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Added the bow to the top of the tree and was good to go!




Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Thanksgiving to my USA friends!

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous collection of cards Charlene

Cindy Haffner said...

All so BEAUTIFUL Charlene!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Just how much loveliness can you pack into one post.....each was so unique and yet they all share a beauty that is fabulous...love all the resist embossing....gorgeous...and that Tea Party card is so stinkin' perfect.....you are a rockin' and a rollin' in the stamp world, my friend.

Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving...ours was quiet EXCEPT that we dogsat for a Chihuahua once again so their was lots of puppy paws flying around the house....

Kathy Bradley said...

Hey Girl,

I haven't been to your blog before. When I put my card into the CCEE chalenge today (per your note on my QFTD37 card) I found your blog - it's amazing! All of your cards in this post are gorgeous. I linked the CCEE challenge to SCS instead of my blog this time - hope that was ok. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Bev Gerard said...

Uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....
Four? Four fabulous creations in ONE single post?! I'm just not so sure I'm worthy of posting here ... but if I do, just perhaps, maybe-maybe something good will rub off on me during my visit! WOWZA! Each one gets better & better!

Bowing appropriately!

Joan Ervin said...

Holy cow, Charlene...you have been a busy girl!!! Each of your designs is absolutely gorgeous...WOW!!!

Katie Johnson said...

Gorgeous card - this will be a CASE for sure.