Home

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Downhill Racers

Cindy Haffner is the CCEE challenge hostess for the month of November, and she has a terrific line up of challenges for us every Thursday.  She's kicking off this Thursday with the challenge to make a winter scene card.  What better for a winter scene than a big ol' polar bear sleddin' with his little bunny buddy?  Isn't this pair just too cute?  The set is called Downhill Racers by Rubbernecker from their Northpole collection, and I just love this darling image!



I used Fun Flock on my polar bear and iridescent ice for the snowy ground.  The designer paper is Snow Much Fun by 3BugsinaRug.  I watercolored the sled and scarves with Cherry Cobbler and Baja Breeze reinkers and the bunny was colored with Copic markers.  I used the large Stampin' Up snowflake punch for the red snowflake and a Martha Stewart punch for the smaller white snowflake.  I spritzed shimmer spray on the snowflakes for some added dazzle.

Please stop by our CCEE Stampers blog and check out the challenge details to play along with us and the wonderful designs of Tosha, Joanne, Frances, Cindy, and Shirley

Thanks for stopping by and your much appreciated comments!


9 comments:

StampOwl said...

super cute scene

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Charlene!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Charlene!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Charlene!!!! I can't believe I don't have that stamp...your coloring is beautiful and how cool to add the flocking to the polar bear...that white stuff is just around the corner...yikes!!!

Traci M said...

Oh, I've been admiring that stamp for some time...this is so so so darling, Charlene!! Love the flocking on the polar bear and your colors...so wintry and fun!

Francie G. said...

Charlene, this is just the cutest. The sweet image is so beautifully colored!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I can feel the breeze blowing through my hat and frizzin my ears as I slide recklessly down the hill on my toboggan....hope ya got some hot chocolate brewin' for when the frolickin' is done....

what a fun winter scene and that trees dp just added to the fun

Pat (mspfd) said...

Charlene, this is super fantastic. So cute with perfect colors, background, and fun details! Luv the flower soft!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so adorable, I think you might be considered an enabler on this stamp. I like the dp and everything about this card.