Home

Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Flowers

 I was glad that Mary, the color challenge hostess on Splitcoaststampers, chose such pretty colors for the color challenge this week:  Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, and Bashful Blue with the option of making either an Easter or Spring-themed card. I chose the Spring theme.



I don't have the new Stampin' Up In-Colors Primrose Petals or Raspberry Ripple, so I chose colors I did have on hand that I thought came close to the new ones.  I used Rose Romance (that's going back a bit, eh?) and Purely Pomegranate...both retired colors.

I inked up the flower stamp with the Rose Romance and then lightly spritzed with water for a water color effect.  The flower centers were punched using the circles on the owl punch out of Purely Pomegranate.   I also covered them with Glossy Accents.

Supplies I Used:
Stamps:  Secret Garden and Flight of the Butterfly (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate
Ink:  Stamping Up Rose Romance, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Secret Garden Framelits, Paper-Piercing Pack, owl punch, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die, dimensionals, fan fold embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Bashful Blue brads





3 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a beautiful card. Love the design. The paper piercing and addition of the butterfly is a delightful addition.

Blogger said...

Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
Double your claiming speed with this advanced BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR.

Blogger said...

If you're looking to buy bitcoins online, PAXFUL is the #1 source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and even converting your gift cards for bitcoins.