Home

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Challenge Cards

Just a quick post to share a couple designs I made this week.

My first card is a Valentine/thank you card for a kind friend who has one of the biggest hearts I know.  Her name is Cindy, and some of you may know of her as Mothermark on Splitcoaststampers (SCS).  Cindy started a Teapot Tuesday challenge a few years ago.  There are weekly tea parties wherein the tea partiers attend, bringing their inspired creations and munching on the cookies.  You can read more about Teapot Tuesday here, if you're interested and here's the link to the specific challenge for Cindy this week.  Cindy is well known for her love of polkadots, especially black and white ones!



I used heart Nestabilities for my polkadotted hearts, as well as the die cut heart for the sentiment.  I used Stampin' Up's scalloped border die and embossing folder for the three tiers of scallops.

I made the next card for the color challenge on SCS to use Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, and Daffodil Delight, which are Stampin' Up colors.  I don't have Island Indigo or Lucky Limeade, so I substituted Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi for those two colors.  I used a yellow button for the center of my flower, which is close to the color Daffodil Delight.


I stamped the base Very Vanilla card stock with Stampin' Up's Floral background stamp with Pacific Point.  I water colored the blue panel using Gelatos, and I water colored the Heartfelt Thanks flower with reinkers and water color brush.
 
 Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the CCEE Stampers' challenge!
 
 

1 comment:

Jamie Martin said...

Love the watercoloring and the yellow button is a great touch :)