Home

Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Buttons, Bows, Buckles, Brads!

Awwww, our sweet JoJot is being tough on the CCEE Stampers this week by challenging us to make a design with no buttons, bows, buckles or brads...not even faux!  Well, when I saw this fun and funky tissue paper in my gift bag pile, I thought it'd be perfect for making a fun design that wouldn't need the buttons, bows, buckles, or brads.  It's bold, vibrant and fun-kay all by itself.


I used a spray adhesive on white cardstock, scrunched up my tissue paper, unfolded it, and adhered it to the white cardstock.  It's best to make it a little larger than the cardstock and then trim the tissue paper to get the perfect fit.  The fun image is by Verve from the Beautiful You set.  I used Prismacolor pencils to color in the letters on the sentiment.  I punched my balloon out of white cardstock, embossed it with the divine swirls embossing folder, and then used the same Prismacolor pencils to color the balloon but didn't blend the pencil color to kind of leave it like how a young child would color.  I used embroidery thread for the balloon string and adhered  to my card with extra thick dimensionals.  I finished off the card with the paper piercing on the scalloped border on the left.

Please stop by our CCEE Stampers blog and play along with us.  You can also see the cool creations Frances, Joanne, Shirley, Cindy, and Tosh made.  Thanks and have a FUN day!

Stamps:  Beautiful You (Verve)
Cardstock:  White, polkadotted tissue paper, purple dp
Ink:  Memento Black
Accessories:  Prismacolor pencils, dimensionals, circle Nestabilities, MFT scallop border die, balloon punch, embroidery thread, spray adhesive, Aleene's Tacky Glue


5 comments:

StampOwl said...

love the bright colors :)

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, love the purple and green.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow.....where are my sunglasses????.....jk, gf....this is so funky and fun...and with your fav purple....it is a winnah all around....and yes...it is important to make time for fun

Cindy Haffner said...

Very FUN Charlene!!~

Joan Ervin said...

You sure did ace the challenge, Charlene....this is one fabulous card!!!!! I just love the wild and funky tissue paper you used and the sentiment says it all!!!