Speaking of work, my countdown widget tells me I only have 17 calendar days left before I retire. Taking away the weekends and the Christmas holiday, I actually have only 11 work days left. It seems surreal that I am retiring, but I am looking forward to it and having more time to do the things I love.
Since I'm nestled all snuggly inside our warm home, I did take the opportunity to make a card in honor of the featured stamper, lisadd, on Splitcoaststampers, in between cleaning the house and getting the laundry done. Lisa has a WONDERFUL gallery, and I have many of her cards favorited for inspiration. I particularly like the simple elegance of Lisa's beautiful Krafty Enough? card. And here's my card:
3. embossed deckle shape
I used a blender pen dipped in Perfect Plum ink to color my flowers, and a marker in Mellow Moss for the stem and leaves. After I stamped the floral image by Rubbernecker, I then took a blender pen to add shading to the image. I sponged Certainly Celery on the deckled portion.
Yesterday, I posted some monogram gift cards I made. Today, I was inspired to make two more cards for that little collection. These were quick and easy!
I love this flourished embossing folder by Cuttlebug. I cut the designer paper (Stampin' Up) to fit the rectangle within the embossed flourish. I heat embossed the JustRite monogrammed letter and cut the circle with my circle Nestability.
While I was in the midst of writing this post, I received a message from a dear stamping friend, Kathy (also known as 101Airborne on Splitcoaststampers, that she was awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award. Kathy has a darling blog called Entering Kathyville and she is really terrific about being supportive of other stampers through her encouraging comments on cards.
Now, I'm suppose to tell 8 things about myself upon receiving this award.
1. I have held a job in one capacity or another since I was 14 years old and feel very blessed that I can retire at such a young age!!
2. I have no respect for people who think they are better than others.
3. I love birds, penguins, polkadots, music, movies, reading, designing greeting cards, and m&ms!
4. I won a Carol Burnett Act Alike Award from my drama classmates when I was in high school. I use to be able to do her Tarzan yell.
5. As a child, I dreamed of becoming a famous actress.
6. I've always been a neat and clean freak, but find myself being kinder to myself and family by trying to relax some of my standards. It isn't easy.
7. I've been to Disney World every year for the past 15 years because it makes my husband happy.
8. I use to love to golf, bowl, and play the piano until arthritis claimed my finger joints.
Thanks for the award and kind words, Kathy! Thank, YOU, for stopping by and visiting my blog!