Home

Monday, May 31, 2010

Make a Joyful Noise Tent and Rainkissed Peonies

I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial weekend!  Ours has been so fabulous weather wise.  It's raining today, but we really need the rain, so I'm not complaining.  I did get my tomato plants planted this morning just before the rain started.  There's nothing like a garden fresh tomato....yum!  Too bad they take so long to grow; it'll be August before I'm devouring these delectable delights.  Anticipation!

Since it's raining, I took the opportunity to participate in the technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers to make a tent card.


I started out wanting to use this darling angel by Rubbernecker for my dangling item, but I couldn't get the balance quite right for her to dangle the right way, so I switched to the ornament instead. I colored my angel with a combination of Copic markers, SU reinker, and gold Zig Painty pen. I put MS glitter on the outer top edge of her wings. She is nestled safely onto these metallic gold leaf punches instead. Here's a close up of her:




I know I should count my blessings that I have a job, but I'm not looking forward to having to go back to work tomorrow.  It's been so nice having a long, leisurely weekend.

Edited to Add:

We've had a brief break in the rain and are going to try and grill our food before the next rainfall.  I was noticing my beautiful peonies and just had to capture a photo of them.  I'm not the photographer like many of you who are experienced at this kind of thing, but I just had to capture these rainkissed peonies.  My darker pink ones will be blossoming soon.




I just love their heavenly fragrance!

10 comments:

Sabrina said...

What an inspired card in every way - that rich, Christmassy paper, the angel, the hanging ornament. I can't imagine that angel making a noise, I am sure it's joyful music.
Enjoy the rest of your day - it's a holiday weekend for us next Monday, and I am looking forward to that.

Sabrina said...

Peonies smell? Do you know, I've never noticed that - and I know I have a good sense of smell. I must check that out - we hope to get to the Botanic Gardens next weekend if it's fine. I love the dark peonies, but mostly because they were what we had at home - and always full of earwigs.
Doesn't rain on flowers look fantastic - thanks for sharing these photos.

Dawn B. said...

What a beautiful card Charlene.. I LOVE how you put the angel at the bottom and the ornament in the middle.. Looks great that way.. I have had my tomatoes in since April 1st.. Here in the south we can plant so early which is weird to this midwest gal.. I love your peonies.. Brings back special memories of your family farm in IL :)

StampOwl said...

cool card Charlene ... hey it also fits this week's C4C challenge hehe!

Traci M said...

Charlene, the angle was meant to be at the bottom, she perfectly balances this gorgeous creation!!
I am so excited to see your pink peonies, Tom and I went to the garden center yesterday and I bought my first one and he planted it. I have always loved them...your photography skills are wonderful...this is such a beautiful photo!
Glad you could relax today...we moved our daughter to Denver today, my baby now lives in the big city. But it was a good day and nice to see where she will be living. Always nice to see you here, sweet friend!

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful peonies. I had some white ones earlier in the spring.

ChristineCreations said...

What a beautiful rich looking Christmas card Charlene!

And oh such beautiful peonies! I have my grandmas transplanted to my house, so special to me.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Charlene!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a very elegant tent card, cutie...love it

and your peonies are gorgeous as are your photos....fab job

C said...

Be still my heart...she's makin' Christmas cards! It's gorgeous but my brain just can't wrap itself around them when it's 90 degrees. How gorgeous your peonies are!! I miss them...we can't grow a thing here in the summer. I just pulled my tomatoes and parsley plants up for the season. Seems wrong somehow. Envy you the summer growing season.