Home

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Love for Lindsay

I made this quilt-like card for several challenges. Betty and Cindy are combining the Color and Teapot Tuesday challenges today.  Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday challenge can be seen here for the full story. Betty's color challenge is to use Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Melon Mambo (Pink Passion), and Jen's CAS challenge from yesterday to layer two different shapes (mine are octagons and hearts). Most importantly, I made this card for Lindsay. You can read about Lindsay's story in the Love for Lindsay thread on Splitcoast.



I stamped, cut, and layered three of the hearts. I don't have Pink Passion dp, so I used some of my background stamps for those two panels. I also used my ScorPal to score the background for a quilt-like effect.

Thanks for looking and won't you consider playing today and sending Lindsay some much needed love and encouragement?

12 comments:

C said...

Wow, Charlene. This is just beautiful. Love the quilted look. Will definitely have to CASE this one. Off to read Lindsey's story.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the quilted look and you rocked both challenges!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Wow, Charlene, I read this challenge and never thought of adding black. It really does help balance the brightness of the pink against the softer shades of blue and celery. Your interpretation is perfect for all aspects of today's challenge and I'm sure Lindsey will love it.

Traci M said...

Hi Charlene, I really love your card and take on the different challenges.
The quilted background is a super soft touch...hugs friend!

Dawn B. said...

Holy smokes this is wonderful.. My jaw is dropping.. I love the heart and octagon.. It really gives it a WOW look.. She will love this.. I just read Cindy's post and will send one too.. Great job Charlene..

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Charlene, I am sure Lindsay will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the link, I will make her a card this weekend!

LOTS of hugs and enjoy your week! Jennifer :)

Bev Gerard said...

Fabulous "quilting". And I just know that Lindsay will feel the "love" in your sweet creation!

~Bev

Denise Marzec said...

I LOVE patchwork designs like this! They're so eye catching. Beautifully done, Charlene!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I awlredy dun told ya dat I luved dis kard butt I wantd ta stop bye an tel ya agin how talented ya r...dis hear buty gest rox...da ideah uv a kwilt shur iz potreighd sew beUteeful like....da vibrant kolorz, da stichwicheree, gest da hol dezin iz soupherb

zo....watt iz nu wit u??

Joanne (jojot) said...

I m zo madd der iz steem comin outta me earz....I dun wrot a long mezzag n' it dun dizapeerd...ya no, one uv dem nots ya gest kant dooplikate....it vas awl abowt how be-u-teeus yer kard waz n how vibrent n classie...admyring yer stichwicherie n awl...n itz awl gon, dang nab it...letz hope dis 1 stas wher it dun beelong on dis hear blogg

Joanne (jojot) said...

ut oh...ges dat first one dun showd up avter awl...oooops....ges ya gut 3 comments outta me on dis glooriush daigh....Njoy

Mothermark said...

This is so awesome! I can't wait until Lindsay gets this one. Carla said she got 9 cards already and that's not counting what she is getting today probably. This card is wonderful, thanks for thinking of Lindsay!