Home

Monday, December 28, 2009

Some Catching Up

I hope everyone has been enjoying their holiday season. Ours was very good spent with family and friends alike.

Like most of you, I've been running short on time and haven't had much time to blog. Therefore, I have a few things I'd like to share today.

The most current one is for today's technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers to use the VanGogh technique in our creation. Well, I'm no artist for sure, but I do love learning new things and wanted to give my hand a try at this technique. I used Stampin' Up's Boatloads of Love, my Copic markers, sponges, liquid applique, and heart punch to create this fun card. I'm thinking my granddaughter would enjoy this for her birthday......or so I hope, anyway.


My next one is in honor of yesterday's featured stamper on Splitcoaststampers known as SmilynStef. Stephanie is the Inspiration Challenge hostess on Saturday and always has such cool inspiration pieces for us to choose from. I knew I wanted to do a bird theme with blues since I was making this card for Kheila Kirwan's mom who is turning 90 on January 4. What a milestone!! The designer paper is Heidi Grace with flocking on the bird wings and the main bird image is a QuikKutz die.




Last is a gift card holder I made using the video tutorial Gina K did last week on StampTV. I LOVE this pop-up gift card holder! Here's the inside:

And the outside using Stampin' Up's Holiday Lounge designer paper.



I wrote this post in a hurry since hubby and I are off to catch a movie and some shopping since I'm off work this week, so if you have questions or want more information, please let me know. I'll be back to surf your blogs and see what you've been up to later!


5 comments:

Traci M said...

Hi Charlene, so fun to see ya here, and know how your Christmas and holiday break is going!!
I have missed the challenges, we are up at Steamboat...so I will just look at your fun creations instead! The Van Gogh is so cool, I've always admired his art, and the bird card is right up my alley, I like the flocking and the bird die is so cute...then the last one, I still want to try. DD is having a birthday so maybe I can try it for that. It is so cute and retro looking with that fun designer paper...woo hoo!! Way to go stamping, girlfriend!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so glad to see you here in blogworld.....that Van Gogh inspired piece is absolutely awesome....don't quite know how you did it, but wow...did you ever capture the spirit of the artist.....

so glad you are able to have the whole week off....enjoy every minute...relax, rejuvenate, stamp, relax some more, eat some decadent treat (aka M & M's), and then stamp some more......

hugs, gf
JoJo

redwasher1 said...

Your art piece is fantastic!! Happy new Year!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous cause I didn't get time to play today. Can't wait to try the new technique; your gift card holder is perfect; and your Inspiration card is outstanding. Beautiful work, Charlene. Each displays your versatility and creative genius!

Sabrina said...

Did I remember, with the Christmas Eve rush, to thank you for the lovely double pocket card? I loved it - it's in pride of place with all the other handmade cards on the piano.
DH spotted the VanMer boat yesterday and thought it looked pretty cool - I already told you I did. I like the bird card too, with the sophisticated colour scheme and tweet birdies.