Home

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Here are a couple more Hope You Can Cling To challenge cards I made.  As I've indicated in previous posts, Splitcoaststampers has partnered with the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas with a month-long card drive in October for Breast Cancer Awareness.  There's a different challenge posted each day, and all of our cards will be sent to the Cancer Center for the patients and family members.

Anna Wight (sweetmissdaisy) challenged us to make a card with a bee(s) and/or use yellow.  I used this sweet Bee Bear Penny Black image colored with a mixture of Ranger Distress Inks and Copic markers.  I paper-pieced the bear's outfit.  The lace ribbon is ruffled.  The sentiment is from Rubbernecker.


The next HYCCT challenge was given to us by Patty (pattyb) to make a pink collage.  I paired this challenge with the Featured Stamper challenge to honor DeborahLynneS.  I met Deb a few years ago when she lived in our Upper Peninsula.  She is a sweetie and makes the most beautiful cards!

I chose to case Deb's gorgeous  Stamp Simply Prima Hop card.  We are required to change two or more elements in our design to make it our own.  I used different stamps, colors, made my own flowers, used grungeboard instead of chipboard, and distressed the edges of my paper for a shabby chic effect.

I used two designer papers (the very back panel and the panel with white writing) and then made my own designer paper for the panel in between these two that was stamped with Rubbernecker's collage image in Adirondack Shell Pink.  A portion of this same collage image was used for the postage stamp piece.  The "Believe" sentiment is from Rubbernecker's Fall Trilogy set.  Deb used chipboard in her design.  I took a flourished piece of Tim Holtz Grungeboard and tried to color it pink.  It didn't come out the way I really wanted it to look, so I sprayed a Krylon Adhesive over the entire piece and then covered it with pretty pink glitter.
The little flowers were made with Marianne Creatables dies.  I used the same Rubbernecker collage image for one flower, striped dp for another, and then I colored white cardstock with Ranger's Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I glued these flowers around my white organdy ribbon with Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Here are a couple close-up photos of the flowers.





I hope you're having a great Sunday, and I appreciate your stopping by to visit me!

3 comments:

Mothermark said...

Wow, you are a card making, mean green machine! Ha! These are beautiful Bertie. Fun to come here and see how busy you have been. All of your HYCCT cards have been fabulous! I hope you get to them all and win a big ole prize! Whoo hoo!

Joanne (jojot) said...

amazing is the word.....the first is pure sweetness...loving the piecing on the bloomers......and that second pink beauty is absolutely GORGEOUS

Traci M said...

I love the yellow gingham...that is the absolute sweetest image, Charlene...and makes me want to go gingham big time!!
And your second is just gorgeous...pink and pretty and shabby, wonderful job on these and sure to be a blessing to the recipients!