Home

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween and Friend-ship

It's time, again, for another Dolce Stamps and Cards challenge!  This time, Cindy challenged the team to incorporate sewing or faux stitching into their Halloween designs.  Since I don't own a sewing machine, I had to go the faux stitching route, which I did in orange around the main image panel and in black at the top of the green spider web designer paper in the background.



Who doesn’t love the fun of Halloween?  Fluffles sure loves it, even if this little mousie did scare him pretty badly from behind with his mouse “boo!”  This image was quick and fun to color and so easy to pair up with some fun Halloween designer paper and coordinating “eyes” ribbon.  Cindy also challenged us to use sewing or faux stitching in our design.  

Be sure to swing on over to the Dolce Stamps and Cards blog  for all the details on how to play along in this challenge and be eligible to win a prize!!


Next up is my weekly CCEE challenge card.


In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.....

In honor of Columbus discovering America, Shirley challenged the CCEE Stampers to make a card with a ship, ocean, Indians or anything that relates to this day.   I also made this card for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at Splitcoaststampers  for the entire month of October as a card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer. Yesterday's challenge was to have at least one heart in your design.



I pulled out a much-loved, but long-neglected Stampin' Up set called Boatloads of Love for my Friend-ship card today.  I watercolored everything except the sky, which I sponged.  The base card and ribbon are navy blue, although they appear to be black in my photo.

Here's a close-up of the multi-layering I did on the heart and the puffs of steam from the boat.



If you'd like to join our CCEE Stampers challenge and see the creations my friends made, please check it out here.


7 comments:

StampOwl said...

fun cards Charlene

Ellen Taylor said...

Hi Charlene!
Your Dolce card is screamin' fun! Love those eyes and that adorable image!Your stitching is awesome girl!

love the heart on your boat card! Three hearts, now that is some dimension!
Way to go!

Lauren said...

Love love love the Dolce card, it is so fun and is so scary (not). Great layout, very eyecatching!!

Love the boat too. Thanks for sharing both.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Charlene, what super duper creations.
I adore your Dolce card too. Your faux stitching is so perfect I thought it was the real thing!
Precious Boatloads of Friendship card The added dimension looks terrific.

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME Charlene! LOVE the Halloween card especially...that image is DARLING and I LOVE the border!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Charlene!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous use of that drip punch on the sweet ghoulish H. card.....and what wonderfully sweet details on the tugboat card....fabbo, gf