Home

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Honoring Sumtoy

Our featured stamper on Splitcoaststampers today is none other than sweet, kind-hearted Sumtoy, aka Roseanne! Roseanne is always so kind and encouraging to others, so I wanted to be sure and honor her today by casing one of her fabulous cards. A lot of her cards are made with lighthouses, trees and florals, and it took me forever to settle on one. I chose her Yellow Rose of Love card.



We are required to change at least two things when we case a featured stamper's card. I changed:

1. stamp sets
2. colors
3. used border punch instead of ribbon and layered it vertically instead of horizontally
4. added punched leaves
5. no brads

I used a blender pen to color my Embrace Life flowers and stems. I used my Mellow Moss marker to color some of the leaves and the dotted lines in the Pink Pirouette dp.

Stamps: Embrace Life, Trendy Trees
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Pink Pirouette dp
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Mellow Moss, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: topnote die, oval Nestabilities, MS leaf and border punches, dauber, blender pen


7 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is truly a precious and sweet creation, gf.....loving the soft pretty pinks you used...the touch of femininity with the 'lace'....and the wonderfully colored floral image.....superfantastico!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! Love it!!

Dawn B. said...

I tried three times to leave a comment on your blog and it would not let me. Guess third time is a charm. Really pretty pink and white card. I love the laced look. This is one of the few floral images I CAN stamp.... Great job.

StampOwl said...

so pretty Charlene

Cindy Haffner said...

Soft and beautiful Charlene!!!

Traci M said...

Didn't I tell you I love this card?? I really thought I did, it's just so me. :) Really pretty Charlene!

Bonnie said...

Such a sweet case of Sumtoy's card!