Home

Monday, June 1, 2009

CCEE Sketch Challenge By Yours Truly

Happy Monday, ya'll! It's time for another CCEE challenge and for the month of June, yours truly will be bringing the various challenges each Monday to the CCEE members. We'd also love it if you'd play along with us. You can check out all the fine details and view the cards the CCEE members made by checking out the CCEE blog.





I don't think much explanation is needed regarding how I made this card since I used direct to paper stamping and softly sponged the Soft Sky and Close to Cocoa inks on the outer edge of the main image panel. I also paper pierced the oval. I'm sorry I don't know the name of this designer paper; scraps of it have been in my pile for quite some time. I think this is my first time using these smaller oval Nestabilities, and they are so cute!



Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White , dp
Ink: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: oval Nestabilities, brown brads, MS zig zag border punch, sponge, paper piercer

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Charlene, thanks for the greaat sketch.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a great sketch, Charlene! I love the use of the punches!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome Sketch and card - Charlene - absolutely beautiful!!! I'll see if I can play along :)???

Mothermark said...

Its the coolest! It really caught my eye in the SCS gallery! I love the colors you chose and how it all fits with the sketch perfectly! Awesome sketch and awesome card by our fearless leader this month! You better not do any more technique challenges EVER AGAIN OR ELSE!!!

Grace said...

Oh Charlene!!! I love this sketch and love what you did with the sketch!!! I hope I can play this one too! Love it! Great colors and way cool! It was so good seeing your smiling face on my blog today!!! Hugs!

Betty Wright said...

Love these colors and the design!!! The scalloped and punched layers are fantastic!!! Lovely card, Charlene!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your layout wit hte ovals and the scalloped layers!! Gorgeous design and colors Charlene! Beautiful!!

Denise Marzec said...

LOOOVE the color combo, and that's some gorgeous stamping. SUCH a pretty card! I always love seeing your work, Charlene. :)

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty, Charlene...I love the sketch and the colors you used on this are gorgeous!!!! I'll have to give it a try this week!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Charlene!! LOVE the gorgeous colors!! This is sooooo soft, sweet and elegant!!

Carolyn King said...

Love this Charlene---the colors and sketch are fabulous!!!!

Traci M said...

You are the sketch queen...what a beautiful card, Charelene, and dreamy silhouettes!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wowza...youse the hostess with the mostest, eh??? Great sketch, gf! Can't wait to see what the others did with it....I am soooo behind in commenting