Home

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Digger Flies a Kite

Frances challenged the CCEE Stampers to incorporate a kite into our designs.  I don't have any kite stamps so I had to make mine.  I drew the outline of a kite on the back of my designer paper, cut it out, and then used a Classic Diamond Nestability for the patterned paper in the center of the kite.



Incorporating a kite into my design definitely called for some scene work, in my opinion.   I pulled out my Rubbernecker sets:  Kittie Kits Cause a Scene set for the tree and grass and this adorable doggie, whom I've named Digger, from the Animals set.  Digger and the tree trunk were colored with Copic markers.   I fussy cut Digger and popped him up on dimensionals.  The kite string is embroidery thread that I looped around Digger's tail so he can fly his kite.   Inks I used for the tree leaves and grass were a combination of  Stampin' Up's Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Always Artichoke and Adirondack Lettuce.

I made my sun using the largest Stampin' Up star punch and the 3/4" circle punch out of this cute Good Neighbor designer paper.  I used the Martha Stewart leaf punch for the bows on my kite string.  I punched a post-it note with the large scallop punch to sponge around thereby creating the clouds in my sky.  I lightly sponged Barely Banana just above the ground line and Certainly Celery on the ground.

Digger sure has a goofy look on his face (like a deer in headlights, if you ask me), but he is having fun romping around in the lush grass flying his kite!

Be sure to stop by the CCEE Stampers blog and check out the designs of my teammates.  Why not play along with us, too?

And, if you didn't get a chance to read my blog post from yesterday, you might want to scroll down to see the great blog candy Dolce Stamps and Cards is offering.

Have a great day!


12 comments:

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Charlene

Cindy Haffner said...

COOL Charlene, LOVE your tree!!~

Traci M said...

That is one fabulous scene...love Digger and his kite flying in the breeze, Charlene!! Your tree is so pretty, too~

Judy Rozema said...

So so cute!! Wow that is a sweet card. I love all your paper crafting and that tree is awesome!

Bev Gerard said...

hee hee hee .... Clever doggy flying a kite by his tail! Smile-maker for sure!

~Bev

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a cute card!! I love the kite tied to the dog's tail! I'm looking forward to crafting with you at part of the RN DT!

wannabcre8tive said...

What an adorable card. I love how your doggie is flying the kite. Great clouds and tree.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO totally adorable Charlene! LOVE that sweet little pup and that amazing cloud background! Congrats on your DT news too!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oooooooh!!!!! How SUPER cuuuute, Charlene!!!!! I Looove your little scene with that fabo tree and kite!!!! Just look at that adorable little pup...sooooo precious!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You nailed this! What a fabulous scene you created and your kite and sun look terrific. Serious fabulous details!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...what a fun and fabulous scene....great kite...cute pooch....a place I would like to go fly a kite

Dawn B. said...

This turned out great. I love these Kitty kits. Your kite turned out super. Very creative. Have a super weekend.