Home

Friday, February 4, 2011

Almost Monochrome Friendship Flower


Happy Friday, everyone! 

Wendy's Free for All Challenge on Splitcoaststampers today is called Almost Monochrome.  These were the challenge rules:

1. You may use either white or vanilla cardstock
2. Plus, you may use ONE neutral (gray, brown, black, kraft, etc.) cardstock
3. AND, you may use ONE other color of cardstock
4. ALL stamping must be in the same color – the main image, background image and sentiment must match

Sound easy?  Not for me it wasn't.  I really had to put some thought into how to do the challenge.  First, I chose my colors of Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and Kraft.  I then chose my main image, Wildflowers by Rubbernecker (#496-10).  I also wanted to use this Spellbinder's Circles Impressabilities template.

After I stamped my flower, I added more Cherry Cobbler onto it with reinker and blender pen on the tips and center of the flower. I then finger walked the Chicken Wire bg stamp (also by Rubbernecker  (#58-01) over that panel.  The bottom panel was made with Circles Impressabilities. After I embossed the kraft panel, I kept the template in place and sponged Cherry Cobbler ink over the raised portions.  I also made my little brads on the right side of my main image panel using my 1/4" and double circle punches. I covered them with 3D Crystal Lacquer for added shine.  The sentiment is from Rubbernecker's Garden Phrase Set (#508).


4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, Charlene! Love your crisp design and wonderful combination of stamps.

Stef H said...

well it sure looks like it wasn't hard! it's beautiful!

hugs :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

You aced it...love the colors you chose too....had plans to join in this challenge, but pup had other ideas...sorry I have been a bit MIA.....need to establish a 'new normal'......and the Pepster still hasn't decided to be accepting....he is just at the tolerating poing (barely)

C said...

Love, love this, Charlene! The ric rac trim is adorable with that big scallop and those colors...so girly.

A little something is on my blog for you.