Home

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Silhouetted Butterflies

My good buddy, Joanne (aka JoJot) challenged our CCEE Stampers group to make a project using silhouettes as our main focus this week. I kept my project very simple. I black embossed Flight of the Butterfly images, sponged my background with Ranger Tattered Rose and Peeled Paint Distress inks, and then stamped Vintage Vogue images on the background.  I also sponged the same two colors on a background piece of cardstock since I didn't have any designer paper that I thought went well with what I created.


If you'd like to play along or see the projects my friends made, you can get the details on our CCEE blog
Thanks for looking and have a great day!




11 comments:

StampOwl said...

so pretty Charlene

Joanne (jojot) said...

Charlene...I just LOVE your silhouettes.....what a cool image.....thay look like they are flying right off the page....gorgeous sponging.....I really need to work on that

hugs
joanne

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! this is really pretty, and so different! Aren't your the creative one!! (I love all your M & M stuff!!)

Sabrina said...

I can't believe another week has gone!!! Help!
This is so pretty with the matching sponged layers and the black (& polka-dotted) butterflies). That one punched circle in the top - or is it part of a butterfly wing - is the perfect touch.
Who needs designer paper when it looks this good without it.

Anonymous said...

Love the butterfly silhouettes and the flowers. I like how you sponged with the different colors to give it this pattern.

Carol L said...

Beautiful stamping on this card, and I love the sentiment. I love your M&M's banner too! Delicious!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Charlene!!! The butterflies are awesome and I love all the sponging!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhh sooooooooo PRETTY Charlene!!

Connie M. said...

This is just sooo beautiful, Charlene! I just love the soft colors with the bold butterflies!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely gorgeous miss Bert!! I adore your butterflies!! And the bg you created with the distress inks is simply FABULOUS!!! How creative and striking!! WOW!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors! I left a little something for you on my blog post this morning! Thanks for always being so sweet and inspiring!!