Home

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pink Cow - April Fool???

Joanne Grzelak (aka JoJot) is in charge of the April CCEE challenges, and she was lucky enough to have one of her challenges fall on April Fool's Day!  Well, being the funny lady she is, she challenged us to make a card with a funny critter on it and include a humorous sentiment if we wanted to.  I immediately thought of these A Li'l Behind stamps by H&M Stamps (sorry, they are no longer in business) because I just love the funny animals and sentiments Heather had designed for these images.  You probably don't know this, but Cindy Motherway (aka Mothermark) had suggested to Heather to design a stamp set using animal butts as the focus  (I swear that girl has an obsession with butts!!  LOL!!!)  when she and I were on Heather's design team.  I mean, really....for those of you who know Cindy, whom I lovingly call da Muddermark, these goofy stamps scream her name!


I decided to be really silly and make my cow a bright pink for a young friend of mine.  I hired her as a student assistant (when she was 17 years old) and just graduating from high school.    She assisted us in the office with a lot of clerical type work for a few years.  Recognizing this bright, young woman's intelligence and potential, I encouraged her to go to college and get a degree.  It's been a long haul for her working full time, raising a child, and dealing with her multiple sclerosis, but she was tenacious and persevered with pursuing her college studies on a part-time basis.  I am proud to tell you that she recently finished her bachelor's degree in the health sciences field, and I am just tickled PINK!!!  I tear up just writing this because I am so proud of her for hanging in there and achieving her goal!  This congrats card was made for her, and her favorite color is pink.

If you'd like to see the cards my CCEE team members made and/or play along with us in this challenge, please check it all out on our CCEE blog!

9 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Charlene your card is utterly delightful!! LOL Wonderful that you were there helping her to achieve her goals!!

StampOwl said...

hehe a pink cow, love it! Happy April Fools Day

Sabrina said...

I've been having a giggle at all the CCEE cards this morning. But the story behind yours adds a whole extra dimension - to work, raise a child and study is enough to start with - but to do all that with MS too, she really is udderly amazing, and I am sure she will so love your card.

Lorraine said...

What a true inspiration you are. I'm sure your encouragement meant a lot to her. This is so much fun - a pink cow! I will have to look out for those and the elephants today!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is cute! Love the whimiscal cow with the pink/black checks. What a blessing you have been to this girl and giving her the encouragement and support to achieve her goal.

Cindy Haffner said...

Tooooooo funny!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

You are such a blessing to all of us, including this young mother,....your natural ability to comfort, console, and cheer on those in your 'circle' of friends and acquaintences is so appreciated.....and be proud of HER, but also YOURSELF for your encouragement and support helped her reach her goal....

now...as to this card...well....it is black and white and PINK, so what could be wrong with it....I am just loving this little cow chick and she does have a cute butt.......hmmmm..her nickname could be CCB....

hugs, my friend
snosnertie

Pat (mspfd) said...

The story about your coworker is touching! Great fun card. Love the pink cow!

deb mills said...

i'm enjoying playing some catchup viewing of my former ccee teammates' blogs. great work, as usual, charlene! have a blessed easter!