Home

Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Flowers

 I was glad that Mary, the color challenge hostess on Splitcoaststampers, chose such pretty colors for the color challenge this week:  Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, and Bashful Blue with the option of making either an Easter or Spring-themed card. I chose the Spring theme.



I don't have the new Stampin' Up In-Colors Primrose Petals or Raspberry Ripple, so I chose colors I did have on hand that I thought came close to the new ones.  I used Rose Romance (that's going back a bit, eh?) and Purely Pomegranate...both retired colors.

I inked up the flower stamp with the Rose Romance and then lightly spritzed with water for a water color effect.  The flower centers were punched using the circles on the owl punch out of Purely Pomegranate.   I also covered them with Glossy Accents.

Supplies I Used:
Stamps:  Secret Garden and Flight of the Butterfly (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate
Ink:  Stamping Up Rose Romance, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Secret Garden Framelits, Paper-Piercing Pack, owl punch, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die, dimensionals, fan fold embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Bashful Blue brads





1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a beautiful card. Love the design. The paper piercing and addition of the butterfly is a delightful addition.