Home

Thursday, February 9, 2012

CCEE1206 Sketch Challenge

Shirley's challenge for the CCEE Stampers (and you) this week is to use a favorite sketch design and dress it up with brads.  I have many favorite sketch designs from various sources.  One of my favorite resources for sketches is the Mojo Monday blog.  I chose this sketch:


And here's what I came up with (I omitted the banner tags underneath the circle panel):


I cut one-inch strips of this pretty (retired) Stampin' Up designer paper and adhered them to cardstock before I die cut the large scallop border.  My brads are gray, even though they look black in my photo.  I die cut flowers from Blush Blossom using my Sizzix Daisies #2 die.  I sponged and curled the edges, but the flower looked too plain to me.  Therefore, I added this beautiful Prima flower.  I left off any kind of sentiment for now.

We hope you'll find some time to play along with us.  You can get the challenge details and see the amazing creations the rest of the team came up with at the CCEE Stampers' blog.

Supplies I used:
Stamps:  none
Paper:  Bordering Blue, Blush Blossom, Retired Stampin' Up dp
Accessories:  ribbon, gray brads, MFT large scallop Die-namic, Sizzix Daisies #2 die, Prima Flower

10 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love the way you use big scallops, Charlene. I still would like the EK punch from seeing you use it, but I'm thinking a big scalloped die like this would give me more bang for my buck.
Those colours make for a lovely soft, elegant feeling card.

StampOwl said...

Love it Charlene

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful sketch to hghlight that beautiful flower!

Benzi said...

Beautiful and elegant, Charlene. I love the big scallops and the Prima flower is so pretty...such a lovely color.

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Charlene!!~

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That really is a nice sketch, and the paper is beautiful!! The big flower is a wonderful addition, Charlene. Just a fab card for the CCEE!!

Lois said...

I love that big scallop border, Charlene. And the colors look so pretty together.

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful and elegant card, Charlene. I love the pretty DP you've used in the background and the flower is lovely!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...such CAS elegance.....beautiful bloom

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful sketch, beautiful soft papers and gorgeous flower Charlene!